PDA

View Full Version : Best Beers From Every State

SUCCESSOR
10-10-2014, 04:44 PM
http://www.businessinsider.com/best-beers-in-the-us-2014-10?op=1

Have you had the beer from your state? How did you feel about it? Do you have a better one in mind?

La Cumbre Elevated IPA won over for my state. I guess my mixed feelings for IPAs get the better of me to prefer their Slice of Hefen or their Stout(which I forget the name of). Though, some of the offerings from Marble rival the best of La Cumbre. The have a Reserve Ale, which I once again cannot remember if it had a more specific name, that is just...

Brasel
10-10-2014, 04:50 PM
Unfortunately, no. I'm not a huge Goose Island fan, and I don't live anywhere near Chicago, so we don't get a lot of their stuff here. I'm close to St. Louis, so I have a lot of Missouri beers. I haven't actually heard of the selection for MO. I HAVE had the Delaware selection. Dogfish Head makes some DAMN good beer.

My selection for best Illinois beer would be Revolution Brewing Co.'s Anti-Hero IPA. It's just hoppy enough and I have to pick it up any time I'm near Chicago.
For Missouri, I'd probably go with something out of the O'Fallon brewing company. I like all their beer, but I can't think of one in particular at the moment.

Aliem
10-10-2014, 05:07 PM
Montana's got a ton of really good beer. We've got five breweries in Missoula alone. My favorite Montana beer, though, is Big Sky IPA. Ivan the Terrible I suppose is good for people who like stouts, but I've never been particularly fond of that style.

Though my all time favorite is Elysian's The Immortal IPA.

Brasel
10-10-2014, 05:15 PM
Big Sky IPA is really good. I like their brown ale, Moose Drool, too.

Chris Miller
10-13-2014, 02:10 AM
Saint Arnold Elissa IPA is a great one from here in Houston.
It's not as good as Sam Adams Latitude 48 IPA, but it's a lot easier to find.

Brasel
10-22-2014, 11:14 AM
I had some Black Abbey Belgian Style IPA this weekend, and it kicked ass. Highly recommend it if you are in the Nashville TN area.

MasterSwordUltima
12-07-2014, 01:49 AM
Pennsylvania's is way wrong. No self-appreciating dutch man can say any beer is great, unless it's Yuengling lager.