PDA

View Full Version : How do I get the boss roar sound to appear in a nearby room?

Coyotek4
10-10-2014, 05:20 AM
I thought it was a simple matter of selecting "Boss Roar" from the Screen Data, but it doesn't work.

(I'm using 2.5)

Chris Miller
10-10-2014, 06:23 AM
That should be all you need to do. Just go to the Screen Data 2, and select the boss roar sound you want from the drop-down box.

CaRmAgE
10-10-2014, 09:30 AM
The boss of the dungeon also needs to not be dead in order for the sound to play.

Coyotek4
10-10-2014, 12:41 PM
That should be all you need to do. Just go to the Screen Data 2, and select the boss roar sound you want from the drop-down box.

Does this need to go into 'Ambient Sound'? I have it in 'Boss Roar Sound', but nothing happens.

Chris Miller
10-10-2014, 01:25 PM
No, it just has to go in Boss Roar Sound.
Like CaRmAgE said, there has to be an actual live boss monster somewhere in the dungeon, flagged as a dungeon boss in the E. Flags tab for it to work.

Coyotek4
10-10-2014, 01:33 PM
No, it just has to go in Boss Roar Sound.
Like CaRmAgE said, there has to be an actual live boss monster somewhere in the dungeon, flagged as a dungeon boss in the E. Flags tab for it to work.

I currently have two creatures flagged as bosses; I didn't want a mid-level Aquamentus to return. Should I unflag the boss status of that one?

Chris Miller
10-10-2014, 01:45 PM
Yes. The Aquamentus won't come back regardless. That property is set in the enemy editor. Plus if you kill either one of your boss creatures, the boss flag will disappear, and your roar won't work for that level number.

Coyotek4
10-10-2014, 06:23 PM
The Aquamentus won't come back regardless. That property is set in the enemy editor. Plus if you kill either one of your boss creatures, the boss flag will disappear, and your roar won't work for that level number.

Yep, that did the trick! Thx! :)