PDA

View Full Version : Recurrent bug, help.

mr.thylus
09-30-2014, 03:47 PM
Please forgive me if this isn't the place... I've run into an odd bug that prevents me from playing the Darkstar quest (which bugs me because it's a beautiful piece of work). It effects other quests, too. Maze, for example. I think the tileset has something to do with it. Or the... I don't know the term to use. Those games use the same graphic libraries or whatever.

The bug moves Link south one square upon entering a dungeon. He pops up, moves one square down, and I have control again.

This doesn't matter most of the time. The work around is "ignore it." But in the first dungeon of Dark Star, moving one square down exits the dungeon. So every time he goes in he walks out again.

It only effects those two quests ... I've messed around with first quest, megaman, metroid, Link to the past, and a few others.

Help? I'd really like to get this working.

Goriya
09-30-2014, 04:33 PM
The second you enter the dungeon, right before you exit, press F6. It should take you to the game over screen. Pressing Continue should make Link walk up 1 space instead of down one space.

CJC
10-01-2014, 12:41 PM
Entrance/Exit warps expect Link to be entering from a side of the screen. As such, as soon as he is drawn on screen he steps one combo in the direction he is facing. If the warp return had been properly placed at the edge of the screen, this would simulate him stepping into the room.

Unfortunately it is a flaw with the quest design, and since you probably cannot open the quest (most of them are password protected), your only option is Goriya's exploit, which takes advantage of the difference between the warp return point and the continue point.