PDA

View Full Version : Isle of Rebirth

anikom
09-29-2014, 11:29 PM
Who has played this quest? What do you think of quest? I found this quest little confusing because get lost a lot in the dungeons. I was stuck in level 1 for very long time! But I guess I am not that good at Zelda 1 heheh. Died 14 times in that game....

Shane
09-29-2014, 11:31 PM
I enjoyed it. But well, the feeling of the quest feeling like a chore kept sneaking up; sometimes the fun just felt too drawn out. I'm talking more about the dungeon size than content, and the overworld in general. The design is very mediocre save for the occasional jaw-dropping atmospheric dungeon, but as I said, it was only a occasional treat. I commend you to deliver such a huge quest that felt climatic, but the ending... it killed me. I felt it was very anti-climatic. And that's the biggest problem. It never ended with a bang. It was like "We've had enough of Isle of Rebirth, let's go back to that one Hyrule Castle screen and not see the aftermath of our epic journey.". Also forgot to mention this in my PureZC review but decided to leave it out due to it being tactless, but it started a few awful design trends with GBZ quests.

4/5; great quest, but not my favorite quest.