PDA

View Full Version : Ripping graphics

Shane
09-28-2014, 08:52 AM
I want to use graphics from The Spriters Resource, I go there, go to the desired console/handhold then the desired letter and then the desired game, I download the sheets I need.

But how do I get them into ZQuest without colour loss? The recolour tool worsens the problem.

Shane
09-30-2014, 07:18 AM
Help me!!! D:

CJC
10-01-2014, 12:43 PM
Well, I usually use an art program with palette control to compress the palette into 16 colors so that I can properly recolor it once it is in ZQuest.

But the graphics I am utilizing are conducive to palette reduction. I don't know if there's a way to grab a tile in 8-bit format in the program. Maybe try holding the shift key as you click grab? I don't know if that will work, but there are lots of hidden hotkeys like that in the program.

Shane
10-01-2014, 01:16 PM
Thanks.

Saffith
10-10-2014, 04:51 PM
2.50.1 has 8-bit recoloring; hold shift when you click the recolor button for that.
If the image you're ripping isn't in 8-bit color, use Photoshop or Gimp or something to convert it to an optimized palette first. Otherwise, it'll be converted to a generic palette that's likely to be way off.