PDA

View Full Version : Smash Bros Demo

mrz84
09-12-2014, 10:28 PM
So Nintendo is sending codes (you read that right, more than 1 code) to Club Nintendo members for an exclusive demo of the 3DS version of Smash Bros. These codes are to be registered by 9/19 before being invalid. Since I only have 1 3DS in my family, I have 3 spare codes I am willing to give away to those here on AGN, that want a taste of what the game will be like.

The first 3 people who post here that are interested in the new Smash Bros, will get pms with the download code asap.

If you have a Club Nintendo account, you should check your email (the requirements include being a Platinum member last year) for your demo codes.

:kitty:

[Edit-o-vision] and to clarify, the demo has 30 uses

[Edit-o-vision part deux] The demo from the codes has UNLIMITED USES. The public demo coming next week on the 19th, has 20.

The demo has the following currently (as far as the code demo anyway):
-Characters: Mario, Link, Pikachu, Villager, Mega Man [only 4 colors, no alts available]
-Stage: Battlefield (Normal and Omega versions)
-Assist Trophies: Ghirahim (Skyward Sword), Mother Brain (Metroid) [only ones I've seen so far]
-Matches are 2 minutes only
-Multiplayer is Local only at this point

[Edit-o-vision part tres] The Wii U version will let you use your 3DS as a controller. Interesting, but I doubt that's all the connectivity between the 2 version entails.

The Satellite
09-12-2014, 10:31 PM
I didn't get any codes as I wasn't opted into email marketing, so I missed out on it. I wouldn't mind having one of the codes, if you're that willing to part with them. That's pretty awesome of you. :)

Ventus
09-12-2014, 10:44 PM
Yeah I seen that... ashame that I didn't opt to receive emails, I didn't want a bunch a junk... I'm kinda starting to get annoyed with Club Nintendo and the off the wall shit they pull...
Oh well I'll be waiting until the 19th I guess for the normal demo... Unless someone can be nice an donate at least two codes for me and my brother. ;)

edit, not meaning to sound greedy but I would love to play 2 player with my brother with it.

Never mind re read what I seen and it does only have 30 uses. lol

mrz84
09-12-2014, 10:57 PM
If nobody else claims my remaining 2 codes, I'll donate 'em to you Ventus, that sound good?

Ventus
09-12-2014, 11:19 PM
Yeah that sounds fine, at least if gives someone a chance instead of me hogging the freebies xD Thanks man!

rock_nog
09-12-2014, 11:55 PM
I'd love to get a code, if that's not too much to ask. I always feel selfish when I throw my hat in for these sorts of things, but I've been looking forward to this since, well, I got a 3DS, honestly.

mrz84
09-13-2014, 10:22 AM
Edited my initial post again with some info about the demo. Also, have 1 code left still as of this post.

Ventus
09-13-2014, 10:41 AM
Hey I'll take the last code if you want to give it to me. My brother could wait until the eshop demo comes out!

mrz84
09-13-2014, 11:30 AM
All codes are now sent! Hope ya enjoy 'em! :kitty:

Also, one last edit to the main post!

erm2003
09-13-2014, 12:05 PM
Damn I had email notifications turned off. Oh well. If any other codes pop up let me know. I will probably be downloading the game once it becomes available. I hope others do too. It would be fun to have some Smash Bros 3DS nights with other fellow AGNers.

mrz84
09-13-2014, 12:22 PM
I'll be getting the digital game myself come midnight on the day of release. so I'll look forward to playing some fellow members here as well.

Ventus
09-13-2014, 05:22 PM
Thanks for the demo code man, I'll be downloading it in the morning! anyways, it may awhile before I can pick up the full game I have some money tied up for quite some time but I will be sure to snag the 3DS version of the game maybe next month or maybe in november.

But I would be up for playing a few rounds when I get the game. But it'll be a while since I would have to get some practice with the controls and you know stuff.

rock_nog
09-13-2014, 05:40 PM
I must also say thank you for the code, I've been having a blast. Playing Smash Bros. on the 3DS isn't the pain I was expecting (I was worried that the controls/tiny screen might be a problem, but those haven't been an issue). The real challenge now is to learn all the new characters' moves - and I'm almost definitely going to be picking this up as soon as I can when it gets released.

The Satellite
09-14-2014, 01:12 AM
Yeah, what the others have said, thanks for the code. It's been pretty fun so far, though it's odd how long it takes to load up the game or exit it. Must require that much power to run the game, eh? Hopefully it won't have the same troubles with the cartridge version. Been having a little trouble adjusting to the controls though, they feel weird since I'm used to Gamecube/Wiimote+Nunchuck. Debating if I should play more and get a feel for it before the final version or just wait so I can customize the controls to be more comfortable. We shall see, I suppose.

mrz84
09-14-2014, 12:36 PM
Glad to hear everyone who got codes is enjoying the demo. The loading times erk me a bit, but I'm hoping the full game won't be as bad.

Also, apparently the Wii U version's release date has been leaked for a post-Thanksgiving release. The 21st if I remember right.

The Satellite
09-14-2014, 03:31 PM
Same day as the Ruby/Sapphire remakes. It wouldn't surprise me.

Ventus
09-14-2014, 04:33 PM
I've downloaded and it I'm enjoying it quite a bit, I can safely say that Villager is totally over powered to hell XD And Mega Man is alright but I can't seem to get good at him... But Hey at least I can still play Link and beat 3 other Level 9 CPUs with no issues.

The Satellite
09-14-2014, 07:42 PM
I feel like I'm gonna like Megaman a lot after getting used to him, for now though I'm still eager to get my hands on Little Mac, Lucina, and Robin. As for Villager... presently, he apparently has the ability to cancel Link's Final Smash with a well-timed pocket ability. He can't use it, but he can cancel it. Hope that gets patched out, I don't like that at all.

rock_nog
09-14-2014, 09:53 PM
One thing I'll say about the new Smash - I'm gonna miss the hell out of Snake. He was my absolute favorite character from the Wii version. I guess Mega Man is an okay substitute on the guns and gadgets front (seriously, no offense against Mega Man intended, he's my favorite character from the demo, and I'm stoked that he finally got to be included), but yeah, I loved the grenades, bazookas, mortars, mines, etc. that Snake brought to the table.

Ventus
09-14-2014, 10:45 PM
Upon farther playing I'm starting to get a hang of Mega Man, finally managed to see his Final Smash (which is totally awesome BTW!) Anyways I think I'll have to buy as soon as I can get it!

I'm just having a ball with the demo so far even through there is not much there its still quite fun.

Edit; I found a mini training mode :P go and set up a multiplayer match for anyone and set all the others players to CPU and start it up and you'll be in a white arena with old beat'em up punching bag.

The Satellite
09-14-2014, 11:58 PM
Noticed a neat thing about Megaman: If he's holding an item, it'll switch hands depending on which direction he's facing. This also determines which hand becomes his buster when he fires. That's a nice little touch.

CJC
09-15-2014, 08:53 PM
Anybody a Kirby player? Did they change him much? I'm really worried that they'll have flubbed him again, like he was in Smash (Gee, my forward attack flings me off cliffs!).

Bummer to see the roster shrink in certain spots. I can understand why Snake might be out of the picture (License issues), but why'd they cut Wolf? He wasn't ENTIRELY terrible.

mrz84
09-16-2014, 09:01 AM
I liked Wolf, too. Pity he isn't included, but who knows? Maybe he'll get in if they decide to do DLC (like in Fire Emblem Awakening for example)

As for Kirby, my brother Dragon Omega mains him as "Hell Kirby" (pretty much just uses his red alt color) though he does play as Link and Mewtwo (Melee only) on occasion.

Ventus
09-16-2014, 12:27 PM
Yeah I'm little bummed out about Wolf not being in the game... I mainly used Wolf when I played. I was pretty much the only person in my group a people I knew that could play Wolf quite well!.

Through futher demo play, I'm thinking I'll be playing as villager a bunch. His moves are quite easy to get used to and his ability to cancel Links final smash is nice! (Good way to mess with players of Link XD )

Ventus
09-16-2014, 12:29 PM
edit double posted sorry about that :|

The Satellite
09-16-2014, 03:15 PM
Personally I thought Wolf was a terrible addition, an unnecessary second Fox clone. His attacks were somewhat different but he still played very similarly to Fox and Falco, so we didn't need him, and good riddance, I say; Landmaster being a much-hated Final Smash by many, myself included, doesn't help.

As for Snake, I see why people like him and like being good with him, but I didn't think he really fit in at all. Ice Climbers is honestly a surprising cut, and so is Lucas when you think of the other clones put in; I love Lucina and am super stoked about her, but it's strange that they admit she's a Marth clone and put her in but take Lucas out.

However, I've now been hearing rumors that if you link the 3DS version to the Wii U version, new characters will unlock. Not sure if I believe this, and if it's to be believed, not sure how I feel about that. I guess there's only one way to find out: Wait for the games to be released.

Goriya
09-16-2014, 03:31 PM
I'm honestly more hoping there's simply DLC instead, kinda like how Mario Kart 8 did it.

The Satellite
09-16-2014, 04:41 PM
And if that happens, I hope there's an easy method of cross-platform purchasing for said DLC, I wouldn't want to buy each character or pack twice.

ctrl-alt-delete
09-16-2014, 04:56 PM
I'm playing the full Japanese version on my Gateway 3ds flash card. I don't seem to notice long load times at all, so hopefully that's just a demo/nand problem.

The game is excellent. Megaman seems a bit overpowered also, kind of a super Toon Link who is my favorite character. I haven't played with the Villager yet.

Brasel
09-16-2014, 05:23 PM
I have the game preordered and I'm really excited for it. I loved Melee but I didn't really get too into Brawl, despite my favorite video game character of all time (Snake) being included. Brawl was kind of weird, and I didn't really have anyone to play with at that point. I hope I'll get to play with some of you guys once it comes out. I'll get my 3DS friend code online sometime soon.