PDA

View Full Version : Adventure of Link

sdhanel
09-10-2014, 11:47 AM
How do I begin 'The Adventure of LinK'?

King Aquamentus
09-10-2014, 06:09 PM
Look for the sword in the starting dungeon.

luckilla
09-11-2014, 02:30 PM
I took a look at the game online, and it looks like a good game, now I understand that there a quests with similar names of the entertainment games.

King Aquamentus
09-11-2014, 04:44 PM
Go to the site below to see several walk throughs.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/nes/563487-zelda-ii-the-adventure-of-link/faqs

That really isn't going to help him with a ZC quest.

luckilla
09-12-2014, 07:59 AM
I did not know it was a ZC quest. I apologize for the confusion. I thought he was playing the real Adventure of Link.

Goriya
09-12-2014, 01:15 PM
I did not know it was a ZC quest. I apologize for the confusion. I thought he was playing the real Adventure of Link.

Just for future references, there are 3 quests that use the names of Zelda games:
Ocarina of Time Remake (http://zeldaclassic.com/viewquest.php?q=159)
A Link to the Past (http://zeldaclassic.com/viewquest.php?q=96)
And Adventure of Link (http://zeldaclassic.com/viewquest.php?q=80)

I heard there was a Majora's Mask quest somewhere, but I can't find it. Either way, just for future references those exist. Another thing is that this is in the ZC Discussion forums instead of the Entertainment section, which would be where we would talk about the original Adventure of Link.

Anyways, moving this topic to Quest Discussion.

Tim
09-12-2014, 01:30 PM
There is a MM one that I've played. It's quite buggy.

OkamiTakahashi
03-17-2016, 08:25 PM
Is there any sort of guide for pLeitorian's old AoL remake? I've died at least 41 time because of Death Mountain still being too damn hard.

Tim
03-18-2016, 01:38 PM
I think the original thread was pruned or deleted.
Http://www.armageddongames.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=71165&pagenumber=2

Maybe an Admin can help with this.

OkamiTakahashi
03-18-2016, 02:42 PM
Probably one of the biggest problems with this version of the game is that pLeitorian made you start off with the WOODEN Sword rather than the Magical Sword carried over from LoZ. That and how many enemies appear on screen make this an nightmare. If I knew how to bypass the password in ZQuest and actually use the dang program, I'd fix that and its other numerous problems. Those aside it's easier to deal with than Nintendo's crappy excuse for a sequel.

Tim
03-18-2016, 03:31 PM
Looking over what I found, so many people since (2005?) have had many issues with the quest. Wish I could help more.

I happen to like the real Adventure of Link for NES. It was a good challenge.

King Aquamentus
03-18-2016, 04:06 PM
Probably one of the biggest problems with this version of the game is that pLeitorian made you start off with the WOODEN Sword rather than the Magical Sword carried over from LoZ. That and how many enemies appear on screen make this an nightmare. If I knew how to bypass the password in ZQuest and actually use the dang program, I'd fix that and its other numerous problems. Those aside it's easier to deal with than Nintendo's crappy excuse for a sequel.

Since the Adventure of Link quest is not a direct retelling of Zelda II, this is fairly easy to gloss over. It's more of a game where the maps are based on Zelda II, but is otherwise its own world. pLeitorian totes more as a sequel to his previous quest, "The Longest Journey".

Seriously, starting with the Lv 3 Sword would have broken the game. even in the real Zelda II, that sword is mysteriously watered down even as the magical shield had the exact same defensive capabilities as in its topdown predecessor.

Zelda II isn't a crappy game though, just a little sequel experimentation that leaves a unique experience. It could have done some things better, but now serves as a gaming gauntlet.

OkamiTakahashi
03-18-2016, 04:15 PM
Well, personally, I can't even get through death mountain on either version.

At least start out with the White Sword for this- it'd make Death Mountain easier. It's such a pain having to wait till after Dungeon 2 to get it when Death Mountain is so hard with a crappy wooden sword.

King Aquamentus
03-19-2016, 10:40 PM
starting with the white sword would be story inconsistency from the first game.

OkamiTakahashi
03-20-2016, 01:31 PM
So is starting with the wooden sword, and you said yourself starting with the Magical Sword would be OP. Is there no happy medium? Unless you just rename the Swords like "Magical Sword Level 1", etc etc. I think that would be a fair compromise. That way there's no canon breaking. Plus why have the Master Sword in when it was nowhere in the original two games? Imo the Magical Sword is a replacement for the Master Sword- maybe not as powerful, but with it nowhere to be found...

King Aquamentus
03-21-2016, 06:05 PM
it is called that, pretty much.

Also, why are you complaining when the quest isn't supposed to be based directly on the game? This is very pointless nitpicking regarding the master sword.

OkamiTakahashi
03-24-2016, 03:52 PM
Apologies. I keep forgetting that it's not supposed to be exactly the same for whatever reason.