PDA

View Full Version : Ever have that moment in video games you wish you had on stream or video?

Nightmare
09-10-2014, 04:27 AM
Ever have some epic moment you wish you had on stream or video?

Just had one today.

I was playing Dragon's Crown for the Insatiable Adventure Achievment/Trophy, which was clear 9 levels in a row. Now, I could've done this the easy way and did it on Normal, but I wanted to do it on Infernal to cut time for the 99th Level achievement, plus get better items for other achievmeents.

So here we go:

1. First level: Old Citadel: Red Dragon, beat him without dying, no join-ins. Goes as expected.
2. Second Level: Mage's Tower, join a game, goes decently well. No surprises here.
3. Third Level: Lost Woods, Killer Rabbit. Also goes really fast.

Now here's where things get interesting:
4. Ghost Ship Cove: My first set of partners basically get hosed by the Kraken on the ship. Their items break and they're forced to drop at the end of the game.
5. Bilbaron Subterranean Fortress: Gargoyle Gate takes 3 of my lives, but we beat it. Some last-minute cannon shots kill it. But the fighter's equipment starts breaking. Uh-oh!
6. Castle of the Dead: Wraith basically finishes the rest of my partners off. I'm stuck with an under-levled guy and a fighter with 6 lives. I make it through.
7. Ancient Ruins: I'm overpowered for this level, some n00b joins me, still have the fighter. Medusa dies without much trouble.
8. Wallace's Ancient Fortress: I basically carry the load here. We end up with the n00b with zero lives left and the fighter's equipment totally breaks, but he has 6 lives left.

So it comes down to the Forgotten Sanctuary vs. the Archdemon, I have a player with zero lives and a fighter with all his main equipment broken.
The n00b dies, restarts. He ends up getting to the end of the level with me. Could be worse.
The fighter starts dying, and dying, and dying, with his equipment broken. We finally make it to the Archdemon, the fighter has 3 lives left.

The fighter dies out quickly, the n00b puts up a good fight, but essentially gets too expensive to continue. So it's essentially, me vs. the Archdemon with 3 lives.

I'm pretty well defensed up, take hits hits well. Die once, it's not too bad.

But then, uh-oh! My amulet breaks, and my other equipment is weakening. I end up not being able to do much damage to it.

I got him down to about 1/8 health, and I get the warning about the stage going to time out. This is the absolute last thing I want to happen, as I'd have to do it all over again :: sigh ::

I push it, die again. I'm down to my next-to-last life. Eventually, I go kamikaze, take a couble of hits. I don't even have time to go back for the dislodged weapon, since I got the timeout warning.

Finally, just in a nick of time, I take him down, 11 HP from my last life, like 5 seconds remaining, he luckly dies, and I get the achievement.

I wish I had it on stream. It would've made such a good show.

Anybody else have these type of moments?

-James