PDA

View Full Version : Official What did you do today? Thread

Ventus
09-09-2014, 07:15 PM
Well you know how people ask you what did you do today? this is one of those topic where you can just post about what you did today.

For me today I was quite busy I got payed to to mow someones yard... It wouldn't have been so bad if the old man would have had a riding mower and not a push mower... Well it took most of the day but I finished a little awhile ago and I'm beat... I don't know if it was worth the $40 bucks he paid me :\ oh well a job is a job. :)

Aliem
09-10-2014, 04:52 AM
Today was my day off - which after working 7 days a week between my reporting job and an internship with Montana PBS all summer is kind of sacred to me :P - so I took advantage of sleeping in. After that, I changed my oil and spark plugs, cleaned the house, and finally downloaded Shovel Knight on my 3DS. Then around 7, I went to campus to help my girlfriend produce her first show for class. She's got to produce a three and a half minute newscast tomorrow morning, and only one of her reporters had their story done and ready for her to throw into the rundown which is a nightmare. Then I came home, did a load of laundry, and now here we are.

And wow, my adult life sounds really boring.

mrz84
09-10-2014, 10:36 AM
I'm working today. That's pretty much it. And whatever stuff on the PC I do before and after work. Woo.

Chris Miller
09-10-2014, 03:18 PM
I got rid of a ton of used pulled pork. OMG.

Tim
09-10-2014, 03:21 PM
Working. I had some tuna and chips today.

CJC
09-10-2014, 09:36 PM
Classes classes classes. Then three hours of Linear Programming homework by hand (we aren't allowed to use computers for these problems until we're clear of the concept chapters).

EDIT: Also, stickied. Mind the blue tac.

Goriya
09-11-2014, 11:15 AM
EDIT: Also, stickied. Mind the blue tac.
That's one sticky tac.

My day's not even over yet, so I'll describe the last few days in a nutshell: School.

Tim
09-11-2014, 12:53 PM
I'm about to eat some leafy things with a piece of mealoaf.

Ventus
09-12-2014, 10:04 PM
Been quite busy lately. Yesterday morning I had to do maintenance on at least 6 computers at a grocery store (I owed a favor to the manager... I did get paid :P) And today I put down some hardwood flooring in my room... man you won't relise how much stuff you own until you have to move it out of your room :|

Ventus
09-19-2014, 01:02 AM
Today not much has happened... Something funny happened yesterday though. I found an old Sega Genesis XD it was at a yard sale and this guy just gave it me for free (its broken :( ) but with King Aquamentus' thread about his Sega I just found this an odd coincidence.

Tim
09-19-2014, 01:50 AM
I ended up trying to fix network issues for someone I work with. Then went to the gym.

Aliem
09-19-2014, 04:42 PM
Today's been an ordeal. My car's windows are all manual, and recently the driver's side decided to snap off. Not just the crank, those are easilly replaced, but the metal knob that attaches to the door frame itself. After taking the door apart - which was surprisingly easy, just two screws and popping off the plastic lining - I tried applying some apoxy to the broken bits. Had it sealed tightly, let it sit for the night, tried to roll it up today, but the apoxy didn't hold. I don't have welding equipment, but I had to cludge a fix together because Montana's a little rainy lately. Anyway, I had to drill a small hole into the bit on the door and hammer in a spare allen wrench into it. I got the window rolled up, but now I won't be able to roll it down without taking the door apart :P

I'll probably ask around and see if any friends have welding stuff and get it fixed for real shortly, but for now, it works.

Now I'm gonna change my spark plugs and oil.

mrz84
09-19-2014, 08:14 PM
I woke up sick and ended up working for about 4 hours anyway before coming home and then did the dishes (I finished them about 5 minutes ago to be exact) and now I'm spending my headached, sore-throated evening trying to relax and not be sickly. On a more awesome note, I'm getting a Wii U next weekend (in time for Hyrule Warriors AND so I can use my Mario Kart 8 free game code before it expires)

Ventus
09-21-2014, 12:32 AM
Bummer about being Sick mrz84... I really hate getting sick hope you get well soon!.

Well for me not much has gone on today other then Picked up a metal detector for the total hell of it. Maybe I can make finding shotgun shells a hobby... (btw thats all I found today <.<)

SUCCESSOR
09-21-2014, 01:59 AM
Not much. Just watched a couple movies and spent time with my lady.

mrz84
09-21-2014, 08:29 PM
Forgot to post it yesterday, but I went to my younger brother and fiance's baby shower. The highlight was them opening the various gifts. Surprisingly, they received more baby wipes than diapers. And lots of interesting baby clothes. Since the due date is Halloween, most of them were themed around that, including 3 that were the best of all (at least the the happy couple's eyes) : a TMNT outfit (it had a generic TMNT on the buckle so the baby could be whichever turtle he wants), Link's Tunic (but not sword ,shield , or hat though my bro said they will get those later), and last (but not least) a Batman outfit (they even joked that the baby's first words will be "I am the Night")

SUCCESSOR
09-22-2014, 01:08 AM
Forgot to post it yesterday, but I went to my younger brother and fiance's baby shower.
Your fiance and your brother are having a baby?!

Ventus
09-22-2014, 11:33 AM
I Saturday I was talking about a metal detector and I was right I found nothing except some old shotgun shells and a few beer cans embedded in the dirt... Who would have thought that in the past rednecks and hillbillies inhabited my yard xD

Well in other news I'm going to be taking a break from the forums it seems activity of the forum is jumping up quite a bit. And I've got to get away from some stressful stuff (on the Internet in general.) So I'm off for a few days to do things around the house and maybe I can put some things out of my mind...

Bye guys see ya in a few days or who knows I might take a long break... never can tell.

Tim
09-22-2014, 11:38 AM
Going to the doctor today for a checkup. My stomach also feels like shit.

mrz84
09-22-2014, 08:33 PM
Your fiance and your brother are having a baby?!

I walked right into that one....

Today: Shopping and laundry. That's about it.

rock_nog
09-22-2014, 09:59 PM
Today I did what I've been doing a lot of lately - taking photos of clouds. Ever since I got a cell phone with a decent camera, it's become something of a hobby of mine - getting shots of thunderstorms as they build up, shooting sunsets, etc. I especially like working in the evening, since evening gives a chance for very interesting mixes of colors and lighting. It's possibly the most boring thing in the world to anyone but me, but it keeps me occupied.

Aliem
09-22-2014, 11:18 PM
In no way a result of my last post in this thread... today I bought a new car.

Damnit.

Ventus
09-25-2014, 11:49 AM
I'm back from my Internet break, Just had to take a break for a little bit some things came up and it needed my attention.

SUCCESSOR
09-25-2014, 07:01 PM
Guess who has internet again? This guy! Guess who also has a splitting headache...

Ventus
09-25-2014, 07:21 PM
Guess who also has a splitting headache...

If I guess right will I get a cookie? (I'm totally guessing its you!)...

SUCCESSOR
09-25-2014, 08:27 PM
If I guess right will I get a cookie? (I'm totally guessing its you!)...

No, you get sympathy pains.

Ventus
09-25-2014, 08:44 PM
No, you get sympathy pains.

Oh... Pains are kinda a bummer prize.

On a serious note take about four ibuprofens and that'll take care of a headache.

Tim
09-25-2014, 11:55 PM
I hate any kind of painkillers. I live close to too many pillheads.

mrz84
09-27-2014, 05:49 PM
My day was dull...until I got my Wii U today. Just finished the transfer for my Wii data and will post my Wii U info in the game tag thread thingy in Gaming Discussion. Other than that, a dull day.

Shane
09-28-2014, 02:49 AM
Wii U is pretty cool. A lot of people think they're hip not getting the console, lol.

anikom
09-28-2014, 03:29 AM
I like how Wii U goes in my hand. He is very nice to me while I play game. I wish I have one right now but too poor!

Aliem
09-29-2014, 03:48 AM
Wii U is pretty cool. A lot of people think they're hip not getting the console, lol.
I'll get a Wii U eventually, but I'm waiting for a lower price and a Zelda U or Xenoblade bundle. I typically only play Nintendo's first party games on their consoles, so I don't own a whole lot of games for any given Nintendo system.

Ventus
10-13-2014, 12:24 AM
Not done much today... been pretty slow, I'm actually quite excited to say that I will be ditching my dial-up at home finally to upgrade to some 18Mbs DSL (Totally has to be better then 24Kbs) just have to wait for the installer to come Friday to set everything up! For once I should be able to enjoy the Internet at my home without having to wait 30+ mins for a page to load! :)

Aliem
10-13-2014, 01:55 AM
There was an explosion in an apartment near the university here, so I spent four hours covering that for the station I work at. There were two adults and a baby in the apartment, but everyone's okay. Some minor injuries, but they'll live. =]

Chris Miller
10-13-2014, 02:03 AM
I'll be taking a crack at the Windows 10 developer's preview today.

Ventus
10-13-2014, 11:02 AM
I'll be taking a crack at the Windows 10 developer's preview today.

I'll be doing to same at some point later next week, I've heard they have made some very nice changes to it to make up for windows 8. I also read somewhere that windows 10 will be an free upgrade for people who already own windows 8, I'll be happy if thats true. At least It would make me feel a lot better about buying windows 8 when it came out. xD

mrz84
10-13-2014, 12:52 PM
I watched Mr. Pickles for the first time last night. I still don't know what the hell I watched. In other news, I'm bored outta my mind until my group's D&D group tonight (if enough people even show up this time)

Ventus
10-13-2014, 02:02 PM
I watched Mr. Pickles for the first time last night. I still don't know what the hell I watched.
Thats pretty much what I thought when I seen the first episode, lol.

I dunno something about that show is charming it has a certain something that makes it interesting.

Chris Miller
10-15-2014, 02:10 PM
I did a ton of wrestling to get it installed in VirtualBox. Now I need to find a way to stop it from completely tanking my computer for some reason.

Ventus
10-16-2014, 07:05 PM
I did a ton of wrestling to get it installed in VirtualBox. Now I need to find a way to stop it from completely tanking my computer for some reason.
I'm pretty sure that that Win 10 preview needs to be installed on a real computer for it function without problems. I've heard that it has issues running on a VM... :|

VEL
10-17-2014, 03:58 PM
I went to some rummage sales and I bought a toilet keychain that makes flushing noises when you push the handle. Right now a Luke Skywalker figure that I also got today is sitting on it.

Chris Miller
10-17-2014, 06:02 PM
I'm pretty sure that that Win 10 preview needs to be installed on a real computer for it function without problems. I've heard that it has issues running on a VM... :|

Ouch, guess that's hosed then. I do have some older systems that can run it, but they're got jobs to do already. :(

Also...

I went to some rummage sales and I bought a toilet keychain that makes flushing noises when you push the handle. Right now a Luke Skywalker figure that I also got today is sitting on it.
There has got to be a Force joke in there somewhere.

Lelouche Vi Britannia
10-28-2015, 11:38 PM
Ouch, guess that's hosed then. I do have some older systems that can run it, but they're got jobs to do already. :(

Also...

There has got to be a Force joke in there somewhere.

I suppose if you're really good at using the force, you can end any constipation worries you may ever have... That's all I got out of that.

What did I do today? I've been sick for the past 3 days, this is the first day I've had off from work since so I used it for recovery. I also managed to get some work done on my first ZC project, so despite being meant to be a lazy day, I got stuff done.