PDA

View Full Version : One question about ZC

Raythornious
09-08-2014, 07:12 PM
When ever I launch ZC The game gets about 15 frames per second and goes very slowly. I'm wondering if the game speed has been locked to the FPS, and if not can anyone explain whats going on? Im running Ubuntu 14.04 if that helps. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

SUCCESSOR
09-09-2014, 03:12 AM
When ever I launch ZC The game gets about 15 frames per second and goes very slowly. I'm wondering if the game speed has been locked to the FPS, and if not can anyone explain whats going on? Im running Ubuntu 14.04 if that helps. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

I think Linux needs a little extra power for ZC. I remember running ZC on my dual boot PC and on Windows I got 60fps and on Linux I got 40-50fps. I don't know much about it. Saffith may be able to shed some light and maybe help.

Saffith
09-09-2014, 03:59 PM
We're limited to software rendering on Linux for now, so it requires quite a bit more processing than on Windows. Running at a lower resolution should help. You could try uncapping (press F1), but I'll be surprised if that improves matters.