PDA

View Full Version : I was eating and had a idea

Ventus
08-31-2014, 12:31 AM
I was just eating some cheap hot pockets from Save-A-Lot and I can say they are 100% better then the real deal hot pockets, which comes the Idea it gave me.
There should be a Hot Pocket in the size of a pizza basically a family size pizza hot pocket. I bet that would some good eating there you know.

Zim
08-31-2014, 02:07 PM
I beleive a ham and cheeze calzone fits that description dude. ^-`

SUCCESSOR
08-31-2014, 04:19 PM
Yeah, aren't hot pockets just shitty calzones?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQSRB_feUJ8#t=18

Ventus
08-31-2014, 05:11 PM
Hmm, Well I guess that would be a calzone It seems my idea already exist. Still I would love to have one as big as a 12" pizza and just pig out on it.

Gleeok
08-31-2014, 08:28 PM
The technical term for hot-pockets are 'vomitipicus-eatoshitandyicus".
No one should ever eat those under any circumstance. It is not actually food. The sooner people realize this the sooner we can save terrawatt-hours of electricity on refrigeration.

I actually used to work in a few pizza places--these were most of my first jobs, actually. One of the perks I had was that I could pretty much make anything I wanted for my lunch break. I probably 'invented' just about anything you can imagine, from chocolate pizza (halloween special!) to starfish-folded garlic pizza (5 'hot pockets' and a pizza center) to a salad-bar calzone (best-thing ever) to a spiral-tower pizza (all the grease gets collected on the structural dough balls that are discarded).

Good times.

[edit] Also, pizza-sized hot pockets already exist. They are usually just called stuffed pizzas.

SUCCESSOR
08-31-2014, 09:25 PM
Mmmm stuffed pizzas. If only I had a spare $20 somewhere.

erm2003
09-02-2014, 06:27 PM
I want to point out that while Hot Pockets are shitty calzones, they aren't a bad cheap option for a quick meal. I prefer to go with the Lean Pocket variety myself so that I feel slightly less dirty when buying them and heating them up later. Sometimes it beats cooking for one.

King Aquamentus
09-02-2014, 06:35 PM
Because of this thread, I am going to bake a pizza at the end of the week, roll it up, and cut it in half. Then eat that.

SUCCESSOR
09-02-2014, 09:18 PM
I don't mind a hot pocket every now and then, but my stomach always seems to mind it if only a little bit. For this reason I see them as garbage food. In there with Taco Bell, McDonald's, Hot Dogs(you know the ones), and such. Not that I never eat these foods. It's just that there is likely no nutritional benefit, adverse health effects such as indegestion, and the (often overdone) taste is shortlived and not memorable. I have never once looked back at a Hot Pocket or Big Mac and reflected on the fine flavor.

I do love eating andmaking stuffed and fried pizza. I've never made a calzone but boy are they tasty. It would be awesome to make some of the flavors of Hot Pockets as Calzones/stuffed pizzas.

Ventus
09-02-2014, 10:32 PM
Because of this thread, I am going to bake a pizza at the end of the week, roll it up, and cut it in half. Then eat that.
Best idea yet I may do the same. I mean it does sound good. :P

Gleeok
09-02-2014, 11:55 PM
I don't mind a hot pocket every now and then, but my stomach always seems to mind it if only a little bit. For this reason I see them as garbage food. In there with Taco Bell, McDonald's, Hot Dogs(you know the ones), and such. Not that I never eat these foods. It's just that there is likely no nutritional benefit, adverse health effects such as indegestion, and the (often overdone) taste is shortlived and not memorable. I have never once looked back at a Hot Pocket or Big Mac and reflected on the fine flavor.

I do love eating andmaking stuffed and fried pizza. I've never made a calzone but boy are they tasty. It would be awesome to make some of the flavors of Hot Pockets as Calzones/stuffed pizzas.

Funny story. My sister just visited some place in Virginia (somewhere near the beach) and she was all freaked out and scared by the fact that almost everybody she saw was severely overweight or obese. Apparently deep fried foods and fast food culture over there is the way of life. Tax dollars well spent.

You got a Papa Murphy's near you? If you get an XL you should be able to make at least 4 calzones from it.

Tim
09-03-2014, 01:10 AM
Hot pockets are neat, but it can't beat a freshly made pizzeria pie.

SUCCESSOR
09-03-2014, 02:55 AM
You got a Papa Murphy's near you? If you get an XL you should be able to make at least 4 calzones from it.

Yep. I love Papa Murphy's. That is a good idea. I can never make pizza dough like pizza dough should be. I don't get it.

Chris Miller
09-03-2014, 08:59 PM
Every time Hot Pockets and I have gotten together, it has always ended badly.
http://shirtscope.com/images/products/122890/122890_d.jpg

Ventus
09-03-2014, 10:18 PM
That image made me laugh more then I should have LOL. xD

SUCCESSOR
09-04-2014, 10:25 PM
Every time Hot Pockets and I have gotten together, it has always ended badly.

This seems to be accurate.

TheDarkOne
10-17-2014, 05:54 PM
The only Hot Pockets I ever liked were the steak & cheese variety, and now that I longer eat most meat (except for fish), that doesn't apply. If they made a tuna melt variety, I might look into that.