Error box says "quest is not the correct version of the editor" or similar

Expected behavior
Quest autosaves properly with no error message

CaRmAgE
08-23-2014, 10:12 PM
I can confirm that this happens.

Zim
08-24-2014, 02:02 AM
So, saving a quest file that is only a quest file type is somehow erronious. That would be like opening a box of crayons, selecting a color, then not using it to draw, except for there is now power bill applied.

Edit: Editor's note: Editing without editing isn't editing.

P.S.S.
There is nothing like getting a two page post on AGN deleted for time out reasons taking six minutes to write it and pressing 'post' being unawares that vBulletin logs me out automatically, which happened a few times before I caught on.

CaRmAgE
08-24-2014, 08:56 AM
So, saving a quest file that is only a quest file type is somehow erronious. That would be like opening a box of crayons, selecting a color, then not using it to draw, except for there is now power bill applied.

The bug is that the message box tells you the quest is from an older version of ZC when it really isn't. I'm guessing new quests don't have a version number until they are saved for the first time.

Saffith
08-24-2014, 06:21 PM
No, the new quest template was made in an older build. It won't check that for new quests anymore.

Zim
08-25-2014, 12:49 AM
Oh. I had the same message loading my quest file built with 2.5 on the current version anyway though, even though it was saved in 2.5., but I beleive it had something to do with the O/S of the machine not recognizing certain things my other one did.

Saffith
08-25-2014, 09:48 AM
The build number is incremented with each release. 2.50.1 RC1 considers 2.50.0 to be an older version, and RC2 considers RC1 an older version.