PDA

View Full Version : [2.6] Sign Combos

CJC
08-08-2014, 03:36 AM
I was thinking... signs seem to be one of the most requested scripts in the community. I know we have scripts for them, but perhaps it would be a good idea to bundle said scripts with a future release.

Essentially, I'm picturing a combo that, if on a screen with no guy (or perhaps if on a screen with the Overworld or Interior DMap type) will display that screen's String when a particular button is pressed from a particular side (Most likely "A" from the bottom, though it might be nice to have two combos, one for the front and one for all four cardinal directions). Perhaps it might even work by simply spawning the dedicated 'blank' guy to display the string, and then popping him when it's finished (I know the scripts don't work like that, but since it's using the screen's string... well, okay, maybe I haven't really looked at sign scripts very much).

Again, I know this sort of thing is possible with scripts, but since it's something that a lot of new users reasonably seek when they start using ZQuest it might be beneficial to dedicate a few combos for it.