PDA

View Full Version : Need help getting ZC to run right.

RPGAngel02
08-02-2014, 01:11 AM
Hi, I have Windows 8 and am trying to use zc2.50(build 24) but it runs the graphics way too fast to be able to play the game. I've tried several things with the compatability(running using win 98, using a different resolution and fiddling with the framerate(using the compataility program) but nothing worked. I really want to be able to play ZC again and am hoping someone can help me. Thanks. Oh and I also tried using f1 to change the vsync, to no avail Do I need a certain version to run it on Win 8?

SUCCESSOR
08-02-2014, 02:29 AM
Hi, I have Windows 8 and am trying to use zc2.50(build 24) but it runs the graphics way too fast to be able to play the game.

Turn on Cap FPS under setting or just press F1; it does the same thing.

RPGAngel02
08-02-2014, 03:00 AM
Turn on Cap FPS under setting or just press F1; it does the same thing.

I did try that and it didn't work. If it's on the graphics flash in an awful way, almost in a rainbow and if it's off they are normal but run way too fast.

SUCCESSOR
08-02-2014, 03:07 AM
I did try that and it didn't work. If it's on the graphics flash in an awful way, almost in a rainbow and if it's off they are normal but run way too fast.

Oops, I guess I should have read your whole post. I haven't heard on that happening from any other Win8 users. Are you in fullscreen or windowed?

RPGAngel02
08-02-2014, 03:11 AM
Fullscreen, and I had to mess around to get it to do that too(also using the compatability program).

SUCCESSOR
08-02-2014, 03:20 AM
Fullscreen, and I had to mess around to get it to do that too(also using the compatability program).

2.5 should not need any compatibility programs or running in compatibitly mode to run. It ran fine on my pc with Win8.1 straight away. Maybe it the compatibility program causing your problems. What is it?

RPGAngel02
08-02-2014, 03:25 AM
It' s just the one you can get to by right clicking on the desktop icon for zc and clicking compatability. I was trying it because I was already having the problem. Actually ti was that ZC wouldn't run in anything but windowed that I tried it. I got it to run in fullscreen but then the new problem came up. I just tried a few more things and it seems to be fine as long as it is in windowed mode but not in fullscreen. In windowed the f1 thing works like it is supposed to but in fullscreen it won't, it either is too fast(off) or flashing(on). I can play if I keep it in windowed but I don't like that I want fullscreen so I can actually see to play.

SUCCESSOR
08-02-2014, 04:07 AM
It' s just the one you can get to by right clicking on the desktop icon for zc and clicking compatability. I was trying it because I was already having the problem. Actually ti was that ZC wouldn't run in anything but windowed that I tried it. I got it to run in fullscreen but then the new problem came up. I just tried a few more things and it seems to be fine as long as it is in windowed mode but not in fullscreen. In windowed the f1 thing works like it is supposed to but in fullscreen it won't, it either is too fast(off) or flashing(on). I can play if I keep it in windowed but I don't like that I want fullscreen so I can actually see to play.

Why not just run windowed at a high resolution like 960x720?

RPGAngel02
08-02-2014, 04:21 AM
I am playing it windowed right now just to be able to play it. But I would love to be able to have it full screen if possible as it looks so much better.

Gleeok
08-02-2014, 06:32 PM
A few options:

Open up ag.cfg (text) configuration file and,
1) set resx, resy to your desktop x,y resolution and run in windowed mode.
2) You can try setting vsync in fullscreen mode. Sometimes this works perfectly.

*Side note: zcl (ZLauncher) may have these options given to you depending on version, so you can try that as well.