PDA

View Full Version : ZC hangs when losing focus while a drop-down menu is open

CaRmAgE
07-07-2014, 04:30 PM
ZC Version: 2.50

I first discovered this with the Goto Location cheat, but this can be triggered by any drop-down menu. You don't even have to be in the middle of a quest. Just go to Quest Directory under Misc. and open the drive letter drop-down menu, but don't select anything. While the drop-down is still open, make ZC lose focus in some way (either by pressing the Windows key, or by changing to another application; it doesn't matter how). Once ZC has lost focus, you can't interact with it in any way. Your only choice at that point is to kill it using Task Manager.

EDIT: This was all done in windowed mode, not fullscreen.

ShadowTiger
08-18-2014, 07:18 AM
I can confirm this one.

Chris Miller
08-18-2014, 08:06 AM
I can't duplicate it.

Gleeok
08-18-2014, 08:21 PM
I think this is related to the matrix hang: http://armageddongames.net/showthread.php?96639-Hang-Data-Corrpution-Windows-Adding-an-external-display-causes-hang

At least that's how I was able to reproduce it before. (eg; menu must be open.) EDIT: Actually, due to the finicky nature of trying to reproduce or debug these hangs, I'm not entirely sure ... as it's been a while. I'll have to take another quick look at it.

SUCCESSOR
08-19-2014, 03:05 AM
Also on Windows 7 64 bit running ZC 2.5 in windowed mode. I cannot reproduce this at all. I got it to go a little screwy after switching away from ZC and back as if the mouse was going haywire but after closing the menus it went back to normal.