PDA

View Full Version : The Third Game in a Series - (Mega Man 3 Review)

Brasel
07-04-2014, 07:52 PM
This is an attempt to not take away from the "Da Mega Mans" thread, but still shamelessly plug my video reviews. Mega Man 3 was a great third game to a series. It wasn't quite as good as Mega Man 2, or maybe it was. It's really debatable. Super Mario Bros 3 is clearly the best one in it's respective series. Mega Man X3 was nowhere near as good as the first X game, and still not as good as X2.

What other 3rd games or trilogies can you think of?

http://youtu.be/2tWE_UTp1p4

erm2003
07-05-2014, 10:19 AM
Mega Man 3 really did have a lot of great innovations that carried over to the rest of the series... like Rush (even though it was just a modified 1, 2, 3 from Mega Man 2 - still they kept this form), sliding (thank god), and one of my favorite parts of the game was revisiting the bosses from Mega Man 2 in the four stages before Dr. Wily's castle. I wish they would have done more with that concept in future games. It really adds a new twist to tackle an old boss using a completely different set of weapons, though Mega Man 10 did bring this back in a smaller form in the first Wily stage.

rock_nog
07-05-2014, 12:13 PM
I like Mega Man 3, but not as much as 2... but that's really a personal vendetta thing... I have Mega Man 2's stages so thoroughly memorized, and I have this insane drive to one day finally beat that stupid game. So I try to play Mega Man 3, but I just can't let go of 2.

King Aquamentus
07-06-2014, 01:27 PM
Megaman 3 was the first Megaman game we as a family ever owned, though we had previously often rented #2. There was a lot of weird things I remember about it which as it turns out were because the game was incomplete. (lack of story in-game for instance.)

Is it just me or does Top man's stage not quite fit right? In the Graphically updated Wily Wars version it does have a more top-themed background but otherwise... plants? the leaves of which look oddly like...

Yeah, I kinda think that at one point during production they wanted to take a stance in the war on drugs by presenting this evil marijuana robot. Pot Man. Then I guess someone was like "no let's leave this sorta thing up to DARE" and just flipped the name. That's just my theory though.