PDA

View Full Version : oops. i forgot to put a password on my custom quest, and its complete now. what do i do??

cyko420
06-20-2014, 03:12 PM
Just as the title says, I created a custom quest, and now that im done with it, i realized that people put passwords on their quests, and i cant seem to figure out how to, or even if i can, put a password on it at this point. I saw the password input when i started it, and i ignored it, figuring that i could just put one on it any time i wanted to. But now im at a loss, and i think im out of luck, but maybe someone on here can point me in a direction that i had overlooked. Please and Thanks in advance.

Also, i have made some custom items, and i was curious if there was any way to make custom flags to use them as triggers without freeform tile scripting. Just for the sake of more detail, i have a Lv.2 hammer, and i want to make pound tiles that can only be pounded or triggered to their next state, for only the Lv.2 hammer. There are also several other instances where i would use this, but they are all pretty much the same as this one, so i wont waste space listing them. I have looked for scripts that people have posted here and there that i could edit to suit my needs, but to no avail. If anyone could help me with this, it would be very appreciated as well.

GrantGreif
06-20-2014, 03:21 PM
Go to Quest > Header and click "Change Password". Also, new flags cannot be created without the use of scripting.

cyko420
06-20-2014, 08:38 PM
Thank you very much my good sir. You are awesome!

cyko420
06-21-2014, 11:23 AM
edit

Gleeok
06-22-2014, 05:24 AM
Please close this thread. its usefulness has expired.

Common forum etiquette is simply let a thread die of natural causes rather than forced eugenics.

Also, welcome to AGN and stuff. Be sure to remember your password so that your next help topic isn't "Help I forgot my password". ;)

cyko420
06-22-2014, 12:03 PM
Lol. I was unaware about the common etiquette since i am new, but i will remember that in the future. I only hoped it would close quickly because i was about to post a new thread, and since the forum doesn't seem to be very active anymore, i hoped not to be the OP of both of the two most recent topics. (I know, I'm wierd, :P)
Also, Thank you very much for the warm welcome. :D I can assure you i wont forget my password. ive used the same one for about 15 years now.

I have been looking for some tiles for the inside of houses that go well with the classic tile set for quite some time now, and i have yet to locate any. It seems like the resources for zquest are drying up now. Many pages that i find that look promising on the search page, end up taking me to an "Account Suspended" page, which is very frustrating. If anyone has some, or can link me to some, that would work, I would love them forever!! Thx again! :D

I am such a noob. I am having an issue with tile warps, and i have another screen that is pretty much the same that works perfectly, but i cant figure out what i have done different this time. Here is the issue: I have a house, with two doors in the front, and one leads to one half, and the other leads to the other half. First door is warp A, second door is warp B. They are all set to entrance exit, and i have corresponding spawn points set. Now, even with everything seeming right, when i go in door B, and exit the room again, i come back out through door A, and vice versa.
I cant seem to figure out what im doing wrong, and im boggled at how i made it work right on another screen, but i cant on this one. Any suggestions? By the way, i have tried to set the side warp to come back out to be A warps and B warps, in case it had to be a B warp to exit through the B door, but the result was the same.

CJC
06-22-2014, 04:07 PM
I am such a noob. I am having an issue with tile warps, and i have another screen that is pretty much the same that works perfectly, but i cant figure out what i have done different this time. Here is the issue: I have a house, with two doors in the front, and one leads to one half, and the other leads to the other half. First door is warp A, second door is warp B. They are all set to entrance exit, and i have corresponding spawn points set. Now, even with everything seeming right, when i go in door B, and exit the room again, i come back out through door A, and vice versa.
I cant seem to figure out what im doing wrong, and im boggled at how i made it work right on another screen, but i cant on this one. Any suggestions? By the way, i have tried to set the side warp to come back out to be A warps and B warps, in case it had to be a B warp to exit through the B door, but the result was the same.

Be careful with quest passwords, never use a password that you use for something you want secured because the encryption is not fool-proof. It IS possible for someone with the right moxie and skills to extract a quest password from a .qst, and it will be even easier once the source code is released.

As for your double door issue... are both doors leading to the same screen?

| | |
|__A__|__B__|

Like that?

Each side of the screen is only allowed one side warp, so if the bottom of your screen is set to side warp A (The bottom click-box on the warp menu displays an A) then the 'A' warp is the only one that will be used.

To get around this... consider placing tile warps in the door frames to handle one or both of these exits. You'll only have to do that in rooms where two exits are on the same side of the screen. Alternatively, you could make two copies of the screen; one with the 'A' side warp and the other with the 'B' side warp (though that would be a little inefficient).

cyko420
06-22-2014, 06:42 PM
Dont worry, my pass is a general use one, for things of which im not worried about the security. About the doors, no, they do not warp to the same room. its set up as a side by side shop with different rooms. I go in the correct room when i enter, but when i exit i do the enterance/exit animation out of the wrong door. and its the same for the other door. If i go in the left one, it animates on the right door on exit, and if i go in the right one, it animates on the left door on exit. its only a cosmetic problem, with no real consequences, but its still a problem, and it bugs me, so i would like to resolve it. . I also have a need to remove the fire from "guy rooms" but not all of them, only a few. I know of the quest rule that you can turn them off for the whole quest, but that is not what im wanting. Does anyone have any suggestions to help ?