PDA

View Full Version : Link's Awakening: Review

Brasel
06-15-2014, 03:02 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gymqBKStHA4

Link's Awakening is an amazing game. If you call yourself a Zelda fan and you haven't played this game, you're wrong. :)

erm2003
06-16-2014, 05:54 PM
I love this game. Period. Link's Awakening may have been one of the most perfect Game Boy games created. It was just so jam packed compared to a lot of the other Game Boys games from that time. I also liked a lot of the tie-ins with the Mario series that ended up being used in future games as well (think Tarin then later Talon which resemble Mario). It's sold and I liked your review. There is so much to this game that really it's so hard to do this game justice in under 10 minutes, but you did a great job highlighting many aspects of the game.

rock_nog
06-16-2014, 07:28 PM
Back in college, a friend of mine had a copy of the game, so I borrowed it from him and played partway through, but never finished it. He was actually a link to Gameboy games for me - while I did have an Advance, he still had the original brick. Thanks to him I got a chance to play Link's Awakening and Super Mario Land. One of these days, I should go back to it and finish it ('course, now I can just download it on the Virtual Console to my 3DS).

Brasel
06-16-2014, 11:56 PM
Thanks for watching, guys. I kind of want to go back and replay the game now on my Advance or Gameboy Color just becuase i didn't get to play it with the color enhancements. I honestly had to run through it on the Super Gameboy not only to record footage, but also because I played this game the most on my Super Gameboy with those greet colors when I was growing up. It's incredibly nostalgic for me to play this game on a Super Gameboy.

erm2003
06-17-2014, 06:33 AM
Now that I think of it, I never owned a Game Boy either. I did have a Super Game Boy so any 1st gen Game Boy games I played were on that unless I did so through emulation. I already bought and have played through the VC Link's Awakening on my 3DS so I am still able to get my fix for this game in that manner.