PDA

View Full Version : E3 2014

Brasel
06-10-2014, 01:32 PM
So Nintendo announced an open world Zelda game for the Wii U in 2015. Looks like I have some time to pick my Wii U up.

Mario Maker looks pretty cool too. You can make Mario levels using classic or new graphics.

Anything you are looking forward to?

rock_nog
06-10-2014, 01:55 PM
It seems like Nintendo's starting to more get what fans want. Open-world Zelda? Make your own Mario? Heck yeah. I also appreciated the fact that, while offering these new and cool things, they didn't overhype anything. And I mean, most of what Nintendo was showing this year sounds interesting and creative. I'm kinda intrigued by the new Toad game, and Splatoon looks hella fun.

Oh, did anyone catch at the very end, they were talking to Miyamoto, and I swear he was playing a blurred out Star Fox. I'm almost positive. Which, if that's the case, seriously, a new Star Fox game is way, way overdue.

CJC
06-10-2014, 02:30 PM
Why why why is the Mario Maker not on the handheld?!

Aliem
06-10-2014, 04:17 PM
Nintendo destroyed it. I'm blown away by how good their digital event was.

I mean, seriously, "Lincon Gets Sworn In!"

It seems like Nintendo's starting to more get what fans want. Open-world Zelda? Make your own Mario? Heck yeah. I also appreciated the fact that, while offering these new and cool things, they didn't overhype anything. And I mean, most of what Nintendo was showing this year sounds interesting and creative. I'm kinda intrigued by the new Toad game, and Splatoon looks hella fun.

Oh, did anyone catch at the very end, they were talking to Miyamoto, and I swear he was playing a blurred out Star Fox. I'm almost positive. Which, if that's the case, seriously, a new Star Fox game is way, way overdue.
It's real. (http://kotaku.com/miyamoto-star-fox-wii-u-revival-leaks-1588647519)

Between The Legend of Zelda: Skyrule, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Mario Maker, Star Fox, Kirby, Beyonetta 2- which apparently comes with the first Beyonetta, and even Yarn Yoshi, 2015 looks to be a hell of a year for the Wii U.

Also, man, the teaser trailer for the new Zelda is just gorgeous. I was a huge fan of Skyward Sword's cell shading, and this is even prettier.

mrz84
06-10-2014, 07:22 PM
My body was not ready. That is all I can say.

Xyvol
06-10-2014, 07:33 PM
Between a new main Zelda game and Hyrule Warriors, I may consider finally buying a Wii U. But since I'm really only interested in that one series, so it's getting harder and harder for me to buy a console just for one or two games. For one of Nintendo's most popular franchises they sure take their time with the series. As much as I want a new Zelda game, I think I'm gonna need to see a bit more about it before I'm hooked on shelling out for a another console. (<- is turning into a grouchy old man)

Mario Maker. Finally the big N is getting into the construction set type of games. Could this open a door for Zelda? Should we worry? Would an official Zelda Maker even be as good?

Aliem
06-11-2014, 02:26 AM
Gah. After watching and rewatching those trailers, 2015 is the year I'll get a Wii U. Either at the launch of Xenoblade or Zelda, whichever one comes first.

mrz84
06-14-2014, 10:23 PM
Oh and apparently this happened too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kb58d7KldDg (That ending cliffhanger...)

Aliem
06-15-2014, 01:28 AM
Oh and apparently this happened too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kb58d7KldDg (That ending cliffhanger...)

At first, I was thinking, "Jesus of Christland, do we really need another DBZ fighter? But then it happened, and I was like "I spoke too soon."

bigjoe
06-15-2014, 01:32 PM
Whoever threw out that Symphony of the Night 2 rumor needs to rot. That's pretty much the only thing I was hoping to hear about at this E3. Granted, Zelda U looks promising.

Oh yeah, and Mario Maker. That's something I would fool around with.

SUCCESSOR
06-16-2014, 03:01 AM
Looks like there are some awesome things on the way. I definitely think Nintendo blew it up. I have yet to catch up on every bit of it. There is a lot of stuff i have yet to watch. I will definitely say I am much more tempted to buy a Wii U now. If I do end up getting another current gen console I may switch to PS4. Xbox seems to be fumbling left and right and I think they came into this generation a little too arrogant and confident. Hell, Sony did that last gen and look how long it took them to catch up. After reading a bit and watching some coverage it seems to me that Sony is the only one that is right where they wanna be.

At first, I was thinking, "Jesus of Christland, do we really need another DBZ fighter? But then it happened, and I was like "I spoke too soon."

I don't understand who that is supposed to be so I fail to sense the excitement. The thing about DBZ fighters is the DBZ fighter fans love them to ungodly degrees.

Why why why is the Mario Maker not on the handheld?!

Would be nice, Especially for sharing with friends, online, or random people on the streets. I think the biggest obstacle for that would be screen size.