PDA

View Full Version : Mega Man NES

Brasel
06-08-2014, 07:28 PM
I didn't beat the original Mega Man on the NES. I beat it in emulation. Do you have a game that you wish you would have beaten on the original cartridge rather than emulation? Do you even care?

New video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqDKvjMGj1Y&feature=youtu.be

Chris Miller
06-08-2014, 07:41 PM
Mega Man VI.

rock_nog
06-08-2014, 09:23 PM
For me, it's Castlevania. I beat the game thanks to save states, but I seriously wish I had had the skills to beat it legitimately. It's one of my all-time favorite game series, and a serious mark on my record that I still can't beat the original properly. Honestly, btw, I still haven't beaten any Mega Man game - closest I've gotten was I made it a good chunk of the way through the Wiley stages of Mega Man 2.

Brasel
06-08-2014, 10:16 PM
I actually beat the first Castlevania for the first time a year or so ago on emulator. I then decided to try it on the console where I couldn't rely on save states. It took me a few weeks, but eventually I was able to get through the whole game. It's a freaking tough one. I'm trying to get through Castlevania III now, but it's way harder.

Aliem
06-09-2014, 04:48 AM
When I play NES and SNES games via emulation, I intentionally use an SNES USB thing to prevent me from using savestates. For NES games, I just map savestate keys to they keyboard. Since I'm using a controller, I'm not near enough to the keyboard to be tempted into using savestates.

That said, is there a decent NES or SNES emulator that doesn't offer savestates?

Brasel
06-09-2014, 09:12 AM
I really don't know of any that do not offer save states. I pretty much do the same thing you do. Before, I used a USB controller, but I purchased a USB to SNES controller adapter recently, and I love it.

mrz84
06-09-2014, 10:01 AM
Friday the 13th on NES. First time I played that at a friend's house I had recurring nightmares of an 8-bit Jason chasing me for years. Shortly after graduating high school I decided to confront my long-time nemesis and beat the game. Not having a functional NES anymore, nor a copy of said game, I used an emulator and save states (and an faq cause I never knew what the hell you were supposed to do in that game) and finally beat it. The nightmares don't occur very often/if at all anymore. Makes me wish I had done it sooner on the NES instead.