PDA

View Full Version : Memorial Day

Brasel
05-26-2014, 04:34 AM
Memorial day is always really hard for me. I was lucky enough to work in the "safe" zones, when I was deployed. I was in an infantry unit and I supported them with computer and radio communications. I have friends who died, friends who sacrificed their lives. I don't always agree with what our country put us through, but I will always respect what my brothers and sisters went through. I am lucky enough to have friends, brothers, who went through the same shit. I'm able to call them up, or hang out with them when I need to.

I just want to say that I appreciate the outlet that I have here. I know not everyone reads or even cares what I have to say, but sometimes it's just good to get it off of my chest. Thanks guys.

Liliith
05-26-2014, 11:51 PM
---

CJC
05-27-2014, 02:01 PM
Thank you for serving our country Anthony.

I don't have personal experience with this, but I've felt through others a small fraction of that pain and even that is unbearable. You guys are amazing and those that didn't make it home must never be forgotten.

erm2003
05-27-2014, 04:24 PM
Thank you Anthony and all those who have served our country!

King Aquamentus
06-03-2014, 11:59 PM
*gives anthony a big hug for what he's done*

Part of playing a military role in a Renaissance Festival means setting up a chair on memorial day for the servicemen and women who couldn't be there, for people to place roses. With a sword in hand and at perfect attention for 15 minutes, it's one of the most real parts of the otherwise volunteer acting job, especially considering why we do it.