PDA

View Full Version : Woe is me

Brasel
05-15-2014, 08:08 PM
If you could change your career and do whatever you wanted, what would you do?

Beldaran
05-16-2014, 09:37 PM
I am lucky enough to really enjoy my job, and for that I am beyond grateful, but I would still prefer to be independently wealthy.

Chris Miller
05-16-2014, 09:57 PM
U.S. President. I understand there aren't many qualifications. :3

CJC
05-17-2014, 11:26 PM
Pipe-Dream Career: Being financially supported by my creative endeavors.

Dream Career: Professional Editor

Likely Career: Some sort of data analyst?

rock_nog
05-18-2014, 05:51 AM
Tough question for me, as I'm such a pragmatist (or more maybe more appropriately a pessimist) - anytime I think of an awesome career, I end up thinking about the ways in which it might also suck. I think I'd either like to be a writer or a professor. I've always had a knack for writing, and people have always enjoyed things I've written. I've never really pursued it, though, and I'm a bit out of practice. Honestly, I'm starting to think more and more I should take up writing again, given my current circumstances, if for no other reason than to stay in practice - even if I never, ever use it professionally, seems a shame to let that ability go to waste. Barring that, I've always dreamed of being a professor. I mean, the pursuit of knowledge has always been one of the major driving factors in my life, and I love any chance I get to share my knowledge with others. I mean, even in my lowly teaching assistant job, the highlight of my day was always any chance I got to impart my knowledge and experience on others - there's nothing quite like that feeling of helping a student understand a math problem, or giving them context about why a particular history lesson is significant. There's just something so rewarding about that moment when you see the wheels turn and it just "clicks" with the student. Oh sure, they may dump all that knowledge as soon as the test is over, but they'll always remember that you were willing to sit down with them, explain things to them, and help them to understand it themselves.

SUCCESSOR
05-18-2014, 06:00 AM
I didn't know when they asked me in 3rd grade and I don't know now.

I'd like to sit behind a computer and not have to do menial tasks. Or I'd like to be able to work outside and not be labored like a mule. Or I'd like to prepare food that is of quality and not flying out the window in a minute and a half or less.

I just described every job I have never had. I just want a lot of money and not have a moron telling me what to do.

Gleeok
05-19-2014, 10:00 PM
I'd probably be doing something similar to what I do now except that I might actually have some money. :\ I always wanted to write the music for a jrpg type game also.