PDA

View Full Version : Super Mario Bros 2

Brasel
05-13-2014, 10:25 PM
Hey guys. I made my first YouTube video "review". This is a first attempt, so it's not great. After hearing it a thousand times, I'm seeing problems with my argument, and it doesn't flow great. Whatever, I had a great time making it. I'm going to start making more. I found a dirt cheap capture card on Amazon. Now I'm sure the Chinese are tracking my web activity.

I love Super Mario Bros 2. It was my first video game. I still remember calling Luigi Toad because he was green and I couldn't read. Super Mario Bros 2 is the main reason why I got into video gaming over the years. It's not my favorite game, but I have a lot of fond memories of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9kcWzS5D-M&feature=youtu.be

mrz84
05-14-2014, 10:54 AM
I have to agree with many of the points you make in the video, and its kinda stupidly silly that people hate on this game (and any other games) for being different than its previous game for ANY reason. Not like any other NES game has had that problem. *cough*Zelda2*cough* I mean seriously. People just can't be pleased sometimes.

Goriya
05-14-2014, 11:33 AM
Nintendo has actually pretty much accepted that this is the real Super Mario Bros. 2, and not Lost Levels.

But yeah, this is an amazing game, even if it is just one player. Though, to be fair, Lost Levels also isn't two player. SMB2 is easily one of the best NES games of all time.

rock_nog
05-14-2014, 01:11 PM
I always thought Super Mario Bros. 2 was great BECAUSE it was so different. When I first played it, it was like a whole new world to explore, and I was always excited to find out what new things I would see. Throwing enemies was ridiculously fun. I wasn't even really aware of the hate on it until I went to college and while talking video games, a bunch of people I was hanging out with at the time were bashing it for not being the "real" Super Mario Bros. 2. Personally, I've always thought it was a shame they never really did a proper sequel to it. I'd friggin' love a new game set in Subcon.

mrz84
05-15-2014, 10:40 AM
Its a pity nothing was done with Wart after this (there's the cameo in Link's Awakening, but meh. non-mario game) which I think is waste. He could be used in a few games as a side-villain or even the villain in place of Bowser (which usually only happens in side-Mario games like Paper Mario, etc)

SUCCESSOR
05-18-2014, 06:17 AM
Greta review. Great game. You know what is really amazing though? That Gypsy Jazz remix.

Brasel
05-18-2014, 05:45 PM
Yeah, I only wish it were a bit longer for the video's purpose. I love that remix. It's one of my favs.