PDA

View Full Version : Foreign Noms

Mercy
04-25-2014, 10:14 PM
Thank you, erm! I needed a hero today.

Mercy
04-25-2014, 10:30 PM
So which ethnicity saites your noms lust? For me, it is a close tie betwixt Japanese and Thai foods. I could live the rest of my life happily eating nothing but sushi and spicy curries. We used to have a local Japanese-Thai fusion restaurant and it was the best of both worlds. I had a serious sad when they closed. Fusion restaurants can be iffy, though. There was another Japanese-Thai place, teppanyaki and curries and let's just say their miso soup was the best thing on the menu. Unfortunately for the other Thai restaurants in town, I make kick-ass curries but sushi is far and away easier to have someone else prepare.

GrantGreif
04-25-2014, 10:32 PM
I personally like European food, particularly Italian and German. Unfortunately, there aren't many restaurants of either nearby. Many people will probably understand why I like Italian, but I don't believe German food is quite as popular. Believe me, wiener schnitzel tastes a lot better than it sounds.

CJC
04-25-2014, 10:37 PM
I thought this thread was going to be about names, like Gigi! (Foreign noms... noms is french for... nevermind)

I can't really say that there's a single style of food that is my go-to, but if I had to pick I'd go with Italian. Cheese ravioli, mmm...

erm2003
04-25-2014, 11:07 PM
I merged the two threads so this should hopefully be easier...

But anyway, I am part Italian so I have to vote that way. It's required. There are very few Italian dishes that I don't like. My family background is Sicilian so red meat sauces, chicken or veal parm, lasagna, all those dishes are family favorites.

A close 2nd though is Asian cuisine of many different types. I do love Chinese food and sushi is on the top of my list as well. I have also been introduced to Thai over the past few years and I enjoy that as well. (Strange though, as I noticed these options aren't on the poll though you mentioned them yourself Mercy)

mrz84
04-26-2014, 01:58 PM
Other because all food (on the poll) is my favorite food.

rock_nog
04-26-2014, 02:51 PM
It was a tough call, so many good choices, but I had to go Indian myself, partly because I only just discovered it relatively recently, and my experience with it has been frickin' amazing.

Liliith
04-29-2014, 10:39 PM
---