PDA

View Full Version : is 2.5 stable compatible with older quests?

Dinos
04-24-2014, 08:54 PM
Hi just wondering if the latest version of Zelda classic (2.50) is compatible with older quests. Right now I have 6 different versions of zelda classic since the database has so many cool looking games for the older versions. So is 2.50 compatible with everything previously made?

GrantGreif
04-24-2014, 09:25 PM
Yes, to my knowledge any quest made with Zelda Classic is compatible with 2.5.

Ventus
04-24-2014, 10:39 PM
Well some times its compatible. I'm sure there is like a 50/50 chance of games working of not working on it from the pass versions. Its not that it won't load or anything could be a simple bugs that lands the player on a unworkable combo of a trigger now working somehow. But it doesn't hurt to try playing the older quest in it, there's always the chance that its fully playable. You can never tell about it :P

Dinos
04-24-2014, 11:51 PM
Well some times its compatible. I'm sure there is like a 50/50 chance of games working of not working on it from the pass versions. Its not that it won't load or anything could be a simple bugs that lands the player on a unworkable combo of a trigger now working somehow. But it doesn't hurt to try playing the older quest in it, there's always the chance that its fully playable. You can never tell about it :P

I don't really want to get to level 9 and have the quest not be completable that would be sad :weirdo: Have you encountered a quest so far that doesn't work with the new 2.50 stable version?

Ventus
04-25-2014, 09:37 AM
I don't really want to get to level 9 and have the quest not be completable that would be sad :weirdo: Have you encountered a quest so far that doesn't work with the new 2.50 stable version?

I myself haven't run into a quest that has been glitched just yet but I've heard from some other people that is just a few that is messed up in 2.50. but for the life of me I can't remember which ones they are :P

VEL
04-25-2014, 04:22 PM
Mario's Insane Rampage has a hidden area that (I think) only works in the version of ZC it was made for (and maybe some others). It isn't an area that has to be found, it was just an extra hidden bonus area.

King Aquamentus
04-25-2014, 05:46 PM
Megaman: Doctor Wily's Revenge Director's Cut also runs into some continue bugs if you try to play it out of version. Some of these bugs will get you permanently stuck.