PDA

View Full Version : The Blood Moon

Chris Miller
04-15-2014, 04:41 PM
Who stayed up last night to look at it? I got some video(which kind of sucked, not sure if I'll upload it), and some pictures.

Here's a large image. It's not the greatest quality, but the red moon is there on the left, and a surprisingly good picture of Mars toward the right.
-=SPOILER=-

If you want to see the larger image, it's here. (http://i.imgur.com/pKyWOvU.jpg)

GrantGreif
04-15-2014, 05:39 PM
I wanted to, but it was cloudy where I live last night. And the night when I could have seen the northern lights. Thanks, Mother Nature!

Mercy
04-15-2014, 08:06 PM
Stayed up? It was not that late. The local meteorologists said it would be too cloudy to see the eclipse but skies were quite clear from midnight on so it was a good viewing. Even with knowing the mechanics of eclipses, I never get tired of seeing them.

mrz84
04-16-2014, 10:36 AM
I was too busy fighting hordes of monsters trying to destroy my home.

Terraria jokes aside...I didn't see it last night mostly because I was working and it was pretty cloudy when I left work. I saw the moon, but it only looked like a full moon to me.
Then again, I've seen few eclipses in my life (a solar in elementary school and a lunar or two) so I;m not sure if it had started at that time yet.

rock_nog
04-16-2014, 12:01 PM
Aww crap I had totally forgotten that I had seen a solar eclipse. Dang, that was the most awesome thing, too... It was 4th grade, I think, and we all made these things so we could project the eclipse onto a piece of paper so we wouldn't have to look at it (you take two pieces of paper, poke a hole in one, and hold that up to the sun. The sunlight passing through the hole will show the eclipse on the second piece of paper). I remember the height of the eclipse was just around lunch time, so when we went out to recess, the sky was dark light it was twilight, and it was really kind of surreal. Actually, I still regret not glancing up at the sky because I was afraid my eyeballs would be fried. I mean yeah, there is a risk, but I think I probably would've been fine so long as I didn't stare at it for hours on end.

ShadowTiger
04-16-2014, 04:57 PM
Woke myself up at 3 AM to see it. Too cloudy. Went back to sleep. Dreamt of a Blood Moon. Satisfied.

Ventus
04-16-2014, 07:11 PM
I was going to look at it at. But it was raining and I couldn't even get a chance to look at it.

Damn you mother nature I swear you will rue the day... *lightning strikes ground* Never mind hehehe.

Gleeok
04-16-2014, 11:00 PM
I didn't see it either... Is it still bleeding? /delete tampon joke

Looks like it will hit again on Oct. 8. of this year.

Xyvol
04-17-2014, 12:31 PM
The best lunar eclipses are when the moon is rising over the horizon. The moon looks larger when rising, and you really get a good look at the reddish color and details. Bring a telescope!

Brasel
04-18-2014, 01:19 AM
Did Hircine take a new champion?

CJC
04-19-2014, 12:48 PM
Did Hircine take a new champion?

Yes. I wear it as a pinky ring now. Aroooo!

XD

Doesn't a blood moon imply that monsters are collecting on the face to plummet onto the planet?

I remember I spotted a blood moon once as it was just rising; the thing was huge. It looked like somebody painted a pizza on the sky.