PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Beta tester for my Quest: A Beginners Quest

bladeofjudgement
04-07-2014, 03:08 PM
Not sure if I hit the right forum here if not please direct me for it.

This is my first attempt to create a quest (as the name suggest) I played through it 2 times and it seems completely playable but this doesn't mean that there are no bugs that will prevent one from finishing the game, I just might not have encountered them. I hope to find people here that can help me locate bugs or glitches I may have missed.

Quest: I used mainly the tiles coming with ZC and some from BS and Newfirst Tileset (mainly for enemies). Also made some tries with weather effects and background sounds (wave files cause a bit of increase in file size). It's rather simple like the original but has more conversations and some nasty enemies in the late game. It is mainly story based. I put in a few puzzles but it's not the main focus since I couldn't come up with many, it was more like a "learn how to use basic ZC" thing. Originally I just wanted to do it to get a bit of understanding of quest making and not actually planed to be released a full quest. Turned out too much story came with it and besides, I wanna know what other people think of it so I'll decided to give it a try and release it.

The game features over 700 text strings, 1 full grid overworld, 9 dungeons and 1 bonus dungeon that is nearly as big as the overworld. I also have some transitions and every overworld screen has a secret but lens is a must to find them, I didn't hint too much to them. Out of curiosity I used every item ZC offers, more or less good and put in new levels to old items. Dungeons usually have 2 items and 1 HCP in it, you might need to backtrack later though to get everything.

For the difficulty I didn't quiet plan a difficulty curve, it's more like player ask themselves, "Will the next room right off kill me or will I breeze through" not sure if I managed but that's something only others can tell me. I rather suck (couldn't even beat the original 2nd quest) on ZC so I can't really say if it is too difficult or if I'm just too bad. Some enemies just hit very hard and can shave away health easily if your gear is insufficient, especially in the bonus dungeon though with the right gear you can find ... well, you might feel like god.

Story: Not too much for this one. Link is 14 at the start and wishes for a big adventure. On his 15th birthday a strange man offers him help in fulfilling this wish and not long after it starts out. Thrown into an unknown world Links learns that Ganon appeared in Hyrule all of a sudden half a year ago and took over it. He wants power and somehow knows of the Triforce of Wisdom and where to find it. His hordes attack the kingdom and cause chaos to get it. Zelda is fast in breaking it into 8 pieces and scatters them throughout the land to hide in dungeons and be guarded by neutral monsters. Ganon captures her to learn of their location. Link though, not knowing what's going on, where he is or if he can get home again starts exploring and while that collects them... Play the game for more.

Here is a link for some screenies: http://s1059.photobucket.com/user/FeverGreaver/slideshow/ZC%20A%20Beginners%20Quest%20Screenies

If your interested in helping me out post here and I send you the file.

Have a nice day and see ya around
bladeofjudgement