PDA

View Full Version : NPC->Extend is glitchy

Alucard
04-05-2014, 07:13 PM
Ok. This bug causes many debates in PureZC and forces many questmakers to learn Ghost.zh.

Remember NPC->Extend=3? This setting, theoretically, allows setting enemy size trough npc->Tilewidth and npc->Tileheight. The problem, though, is the fact that all frames of animation (including all directions) must fit in one row of tiles (20 tiles). Otherwise the enemy uses seemingly random tiles in tile sheet with no pattern to figure out. If animation option includes additional frames (like Firing) those frames will also be random and glitchy.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/19598l06qhqh2wu/101tombs.qst

Any way to fix this? As Ghost.zh can slow down ZC on old machines.

SUCCESSOR
04-07-2014, 06:57 PM
Does it not adjust properly for a new line? If your using 2 tile height it ends up 1 row too high?I doubt it is random. It could try to adjust for both height and width and end up too low. Then again there are any number of things going wrong that I can't guess because I have no idea how it is coded.

ghost.zh shouldnt slow down any non-ancient PC if it is used properly. I had a 10 year old laptop that barely ran ZC and ZQ at the same time. Having anything going on in the background could slow ZC to annoying degrees, But quests that used ghost.zh never once caused an issue with speed. If there is a significant slow down you might want to check what is going on with your code. Most people don't use 10 year old low-end laptops.

Alucard
04-07-2014, 09:35 PM
Does it not adjust properly for a new line? If your using 2 tile height it ends up 1 row too high?I doubt it is random. It could try to adjust for both height and width and end up too low. Then again there are any number of things going wrong that I can't guess because I have no idea how it is coded.
It only fails to adjust to new line. Even if I use 10*10-sized enemy, as long as all animation frames in set are placed in one row, the function works fine.