PDA

View Full Version : most important meal of the day

Mercy
04-04-2014, 06:48 PM
I see the gremlins that were toying with my connection last week must have eaten last week's poll thread. That certainly explains why I did not receive any email notices about postings. Unless it got deleted or moved? Anyway...

Are you a breakfast eater or do you wait until lunch to break the day's fast? K. rarely wakes up with an appetite so we usually wait until lunch time to have our first meal. Sometimes one or both of us will grab a cereal bar (I am fond of the yogurt bars) or I will make myself some oatmeal if lunch seems too far away. Breakfast foods, eggs, pancakes, and the like, are still common around here but usually reserved for suppers.

CJC
04-04-2014, 07:53 PM
Everyday. It almost always has to be cereal, too, though sometimes I can substitute yogurt if it's not going to be an active day. I have a big bowl of the stuff--maybe four times the serving recommendation--with some 2% Lactaid milk.

Pancakes are for special occasions!

Beldaran
04-04-2014, 07:57 PM
I have fruit for breakfast every day. Gives me a great boost. Bananas, pears, strawberries, protein shakes, etc, are all on rotation.

XMuppetSB
04-04-2014, 08:10 PM
Personally, I rarely ever get up get up early enough to eat breakfast, because I'm the kind of guy that tends to sleep in till around noon.

Goriya
04-04-2014, 10:00 PM
Break the festivities, it's time to party.

erm2003
04-04-2014, 10:45 PM
I will have breakfast most mornings. I try to make something at home if I have time. Lately I have been making an egg, ham, and cheese sandwich to get things going. If I don't have time to make something then I will opt for something quicker like cereal or maybe grapefruit. I do make smoothies now and then but I mainly do that on the weekends since I am often in more of a rush during the week. Oh and coffee. Have to drink the coffee.

Beldaran
04-04-2014, 10:54 PM
Oh and coffee. Have to drink the coffee.

Oh yeah, you better believe it. Sweet, succulent, luscious, smokey brew. /addict

rock_nog
04-04-2014, 11:20 PM
Depending on the morning, my go-to breakfast foods are cereal, bacon/eggs, omelet, or some sort of egg breakfast sandwich.

Chris Miller
04-05-2014, 10:43 AM
I had a full-grown bulldog with my eggs and grits this morning. I usually have something a little heavy though.

Liliith
04-05-2014, 01:02 PM
---

firebug
04-09-2014, 11:32 PM
Not usually. Often I feel slightly sick to my stomach in the mornings. Coffee tho. For sure. Lots of it.

mrz84
04-11-2014, 11:14 AM
I eat breakfast everyday. What I eat varies with the season though. Colder weather brings oatmeal, while warmer weather warrants either regular cereal or something not TOO warm/hot-ish (unless its waffles or pancakes, then I don't give a damn if its blistering heat of summer)