PDA

View Full Version : Some questions about audio in ZC and ZQuest

XMuppetSB
04-02-2014, 01:31 AM
I have some questions about audio files that can be used in Zelda Classic:

1. I know this question was answered twice in the past, but both of the threads about it have since disappeared. I remember Zelda Classic understands the following formats: OGG, MP3, IT, XM, S3M, MOD, SPC, GYM, NSF, GBS, and VGM. But I also know that some files of the aforementioned formats that are loaded into ZQuest won't play in ZC even if they are in the same folder as the quest or ZC itself. The question is, what library does ZC use for these file formats again?

2. I also noticed that some MIDI and WAV files are incompatible with ZQuest, meaning that any incompatible MIDI or WAV files cannot be loaded into the program. So what kind of library (or libraries) does ZQuest use for those kinds of files?

XMuppetSB
07-29-2014, 05:16 PM
Okay, after looking through the old bug forums (which are invisible), I remembered that the following libraries are used for enhanced music:
alogg for OGG, almp3 for MP3, aldumb for IT, XM, S3M, MOD, Game_music_emu for SPC, GYM, NSF, GBS, VGM

But I still need to know what to know what libraries are used for MIDI and WAV files, considering that some MIDI and WAV files are not compatible with ZQuest.

Saffith
07-30-2014, 01:26 PM
Allegro itself handles those.