PDA

View Full Version : "...it's ridiculous to leave all the conversation to the pudding!"

Mercy
03-21-2014, 03:34 PM
As a kid, I thought all pudding not in 'pop' form was meant to be eaten warm. Except pistachio because pistachio pudding is always chilled. This is probably why I do not care for pudding pies. Chilling butterscotch pudding is an abominable crime that should not be tolerated. I do tolerate the chilled puddings 'cause that is how K. prefers them and chilled pudding people tend to be more particular about their preference, in my experience. Room temperature pudding is just wrong. Something about the texture with little discernable temperature difference on the tongue that is unpleasant to me. Luckily, pudding is easy enough to make that pre-made pudding cups have not been allowed in the house in a while.

Favourite pudding: tapioca. The real stuff, not that fake instant-pudding-with-tapioca-added crap.

CJC
03-21-2014, 03:51 PM
We usually keep pudding chilled, but it's okay at room temperature as well. I can't really imagine pudding being warm, though... I suppose it would be okay with say a chocolate pudding but it would be weird.

ShadowTiger
03-21-2014, 05:56 PM
I feel deprived now. 100% of my adventures with pudding have been these stupid things (http://static.caloriecount.about.com/images/medium/snack-pack-pudding-cups-26591.jpg). The next closest puddings have been of the "rice" and the ever-so-rare "tapioca" variety, which I don't personally consider to be a pudding, for which I am mistaken and I apologize. I believe rice pudding to be in its own food group, being neither a rice nor a pudding experience, yet being composed of both simultaneously.

What am I even doing here. My pudding sense is faltering! Flee!

SUCCESSOR
03-21-2014, 06:02 PM
Depends on the type of pudding. Did I make the pudding or did it come from a box? Obviously instant puddings are chilled. I suppose some boxed pudding may be good warm. I haven't had one though.

I like my chocolate pudding well chilled, homemade even. Something about chocolate tastes better cold. Unless it's a chocolate bar left out on a hot summer day, *drool*. Oh and lemon pudding must be chilled. I love making banana pudding and eating it warm. I haven't made a butterscotch yet; Ashley dislikes butter scotch :O. I have made a good tapioca but it was too... "fluffy" for my taste. Best warm pudding: rice!

rock_nog
03-21-2014, 06:36 PM
As long as it's chocolate, I don't really have an opinion on temperature. Even better, worms and dirt. Anyone else?

SUCCESSOR
03-21-2014, 06:43 PM
As long as it's chocolate, I don't really have an opinion on temperature. Even better, worms and dirt. Anyone else?

Ashley loves that shit.

FF: As a kid my my sisters dug an old ass box of pudding from one of the cabinets and my mom was going to make it for us but it had been infested with some kind of bugs that looked like "bug eggs." Someone, possibly me, said it was tapioca to much ridicule. From that day forth tapioca has always been "bug egg pudding."

Mercy
03-21-2014, 09:34 PM
Oh and lemon pudding must be chilled.
D'oh. I do concede this point and feel bad for forgetting about lemon pudding. Trifles and cookie & 'nana pudding, also, should be chilled but once one starts miscegenating pudding with other food stuff, it is not just pudding any more.

SUCCESSOR
03-21-2014, 10:43 PM
D'oh. I do concede this point and feel bad for forgetting about lemon pudding. Trifles and cookie & 'nana pudding, also, should be chilled but once one starts miscegenating pudding with other food stuff, it is not just pudding any more.

You don't like hot Banana Trifle? There I didn't call it pudding.

Gleeok
03-21-2014, 11:03 PM
No pudding, but thanks anyway. I prefer chocolate mousse or cake, if we're thinking deserts here.

mrz84
03-22-2014, 09:28 AM
Butterscotch pudding at any temp is fine by me. Anything with lemons and/or bananas too. I'm not picky really.