PDA

View Full Version : How can you have any pudding...?

Mercy
03-14-2014, 03:49 PM
Today I am putting aside my dietary bias to talk meat. As I do eat seafood, my preferred "meat" would be scallops. Quickly seared on both sides and served with either garlic butter or ponzu & sesame oil. Tuna and crab vie for second place so long as neither comes out of a tin.

Chris Miller
03-14-2014, 04:33 PM
I ate his liver with a side of fava beans and a nice chianti...

Beef. Venison's my favorite, actually, but I don't get it too often.

erm2003
03-14-2014, 05:41 PM
I prefer seafood mostly, but I do enjoy a good steak when I go out as well. I may even go surf and turf if I am treating myself. Though if I cook at home I mainly prepare chicken dishes, sometimes beef.

Liliith
03-14-2014, 07:11 PM
---

Gleeok
03-14-2014, 07:27 PM
Hey, where's the "All of the above" option?!

Have to go with seafood, though I'd hate to give up chicken broth or the occasional steak.

CJC
03-14-2014, 09:32 PM
Chicken is the universal meat. Didn't you wonder why everything tastes like it?

Beldaran
03-14-2014, 09:32 PM
I will be the stereotypical obnoxious vegan and point out that I am a vegan.

I am a vegan.

Read The China Study.

Liliith
03-15-2014, 03:19 PM
---

CJC
03-15-2014, 04:36 PM
I've considered removing meat from my list of consumables, but dairy is a huge part of my diet (so I'd never go vegan).

SUCCESSOR
03-15-2014, 05:15 PM
Read The China Study.

Oh good god...

Well to not turn this into a debate; I love all meat. Medium rare steaks, fried chicken, buffalo shrimp, Thanksgiving turkey (that isnt over cooked), candied ham, BACON!, bison, elk... yum!

Favorite.... Ummmm... I don't really have any special love for lamb, and I very rarely eat pork. I love elk but rarely have a chance to eat it. I don't think I've eatin' goat. It would have to be somewhere between steak and seafood.

Funny enough I used to hate seafood. I didn't really start eating it until a few years into adulthood. I don't think I ate shrimp until I was like 24. First time I ate (real) crab and lobster was a year later.

Liliith
03-16-2014, 03:32 AM
---

SUCCESSOR
03-16-2014, 05:45 AM
mega opposite. I try to avoid dairy unless I can deal with a dairy hangover. red meat, pork and egg yolks I am trying to toss except for dat monthly burg. but everything else...need.

I also get a hangover from white pasta, white bread, and beer, so I avoid those too. not really sure what the prob is, I eat brown pasta, bread and rice all the time.

Sounds like blood sugar and lactose intolerance. White bread and white rice are trash.

I love dairy and burgers. I am 90% sure I shouldn't eat dairy (or gluten) but dat shit be tasty. It's not usually a big enough concern anyway. Yes, vegetarian and vegan are healthy diets but there are worse things for you than a dead cow that are completely vegan. It doesn't help that there is shitload of misinformation on nutrition out there.

MasterSwordUltima
03-16-2014, 09:47 AM
All meats for me, sans seafood - on account of I'm allergic to shellfish. :( Ribs are the tastiest. :)

Oh and Beldaran, you can't tell me what to do.

mrz84
03-16-2014, 01:12 PM
I prefer seafood and turkey. I'll eat whatever really, but sometimes I just don't feel like eating certain foods.

Zim
03-18-2014, 07:54 AM
This thread is not about pudding at all! Why use the word "any" for anything, really, that is sick!

Brains.

JK.

Mercy
03-18-2014, 03:14 PM
SUCCESSOR could be right about lactose-intolerance. It can be hard to pinpoint because other foods you eat will determine how difficult it is to digest milk/milk products each time. It is somewhat cummulative so you may be fine consuming four ounces of cheese one day in the middle of a dairy-free week while three ounces of cheese, three days in a row, may leave you feeling icky by that third day. Not all cheeses are created equal and aged cheeses (think hard, like parmesan) and active, fresh cheeses (containing active 'biotics) can be easier to digest than new, firm cheeses like muenster because they have their own digestion helpers. That said, I am not above pigging out on a bowl of ice cream once in a while knowing full well that the macaroni & cheese or creamy potato soup from the night before will mean guaranteed headache.

High fructose corn syrup could also be a culprit and that sh*te is in everything. It took me a while to figure out it was making me feel ill, in spite of avoiding an increasing list of foods during that time, as it manifests effects similar to too much lactose for me: stuffy headache and queasy stomach only the headache is worse than from lactose. Unlike lactose, I cannot even cheat a little with HFCS else I feel like crap for hours. K., who thought it was all in my head for a couple of years, finally tested the theory and found that it was the cause of his chronic headaches. Side note to that, in spite of maintaining the same level of soda consumption (a lot), he actually dropped about ten pounds just by cutting out HFCS. Yay, to Mt. Dew Throwback.

Zim, this (http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/black_pudding) might resolve any issues you have with this thread. It may also spawn some new issues regarding pudding.

bigjoe
03-20-2014, 08:47 AM
It was a toss up between chicken and seafood for me. Chicken is my favorite meat to eat on a regular basis, but since my favorite meal contains crawfish, I'll go with seafood.

rock_nog
03-20-2014, 05:14 PM
I'm pretty much a fan of all meats, but nothing beats a good steak for me. Probably not the healthiest thing in the world, though. I also love me some crab legs when I can get them. It actually kind of concerns me how much I like crab legs - it's not just the meat, it's the ripping the legs up to get to the meat. Like, here I am, like some monster, relishing in tearing this creature apart to get to its tasty bits. It's funny, because for that exact same reason, I get weirded out by shrimp. I don't dislike shrimp, but I always feel slightly uncomfortable peeling off the shells, because I'm reminded I'm peeling apart an animal. Weird double standards, I know.

firebug
04-09-2014, 11:41 PM
Cow. They're so cute and docile, just begging to be slaughtered and roasted over open flames.

rock_nog
04-10-2014, 01:25 AM
Cow. They're so cute and docile, just begging to be slaughtered and roasted over open flames.
Is your name Matthew? I remember a guy named Matt back in college who once gave a long-winded speech about how cows were so utterly incompetent that they deserved to be slaughtered and eaten. He almost insisted that we have cow with every meal just to make sure that cows were put in their place.

firebug
04-10-2014, 03:11 AM
Nope. I have a brother named Matthew though. I'm a Paul. Interestingly, all the males in my family have good Judeo-Christian names, while all the females have decidedly hippy names like Echo and Mystery.

Goriya
04-10-2014, 09:30 AM
The answer is pork, you dork.