PDA

View Full Version : Item Hitboxes?

SUCCESSOR
03-12-2014, 06:32 AM
Item hitboxes seems to be misaligned and don't seem to account for Link picking up that item. Is this the way it is supposed to work? Displaying hitboxes in ZC while testing a script shows the hitbox for the item to be off center to the left nearly halfway. It is possible to detect a collision between Link's hitbox and the item's and not pickup the item and to not detect a collision and pickup the item. This can't be how it's supposed to work.

Using 2.5 for windows BTW.

XMuppetSB
03-12-2014, 06:11 PM
Well, I saw this misalignment too. I also noticed that whenever you pick up an item, a vertical line just magically appears out of nowhere, and disappears after the hold up sequence is finished. And I noticed that the Wall Master's hit box is not even around the Wall Master itself.

SUCCESSOR
03-12-2014, 07:01 PM
I'm sorry how is this an audiovisual bug? Hitboxes aren't even visible unless debugging. It's mechanical. The hitboxes don't work as I would think they should. Someone else thought they should work this way because of the functions they added in std.zh that deal with them.

XMuppetSB
03-12-2014, 07:50 PM
Well, the reason I thought this was audiovisual is because the misaligned hit boxes don't actually affect the collision detection. I mean, look at the Wall Master's hit box. Hitting the misaligned hit box doesn't affect the enemy itself, but hitting the enemy's sprite does. And even though the right sides of the items are outside the hit box, touching the right side of an item still causes Link to pick it up.

SUCCESSOR
03-12-2014, 10:23 PM
In game collisions seem to be fine but scripts will be flawed. Which is my problem.