PDA

View Full Version : Breaky Carbs

Mercy
03-08-2014, 12:44 PM
I am not one to pass up pancakes or waffles but french toast is my preference. 'Gotta love warm, custard-y bread dripping real maple syrup. A warm fruit compote and a little real whipped cream or honey is also a good topping.

erm2003
03-08-2014, 03:12 PM
Oh man what to vote for. It's usually a toss up between pancakes and waffles for me. Sometimes I go the old fashioned syrup route, sometimes I prefer fruit toppings. If I had to choose, I would say I have pancakes more often than I do waffles so I guess they get my vote.

Liliith
03-08-2014, 10:23 PM
---

Chris Miller
03-08-2014, 10:52 PM
My mother made the best french toast in the world. :(

Tim
03-10-2014, 04:51 PM
I always go for pancakes and spice them up. I'll put syrup in the batter, sometimes chocolate chips, chopped up bacon or pork roll.... A lot of different little ideas to add to my breakfast.

CJC
03-11-2014, 07:39 PM
Pancakes. When they're made just right with the crispy buttery edges they just win the breakfast competition.

French Toast was okay, but we used to make... well, I think most people call them bird's nests nowadays. A single egg over easy in the hollow of a piece of pan-toasted bread, with the center for dipping. Amazing.

SUCCESSOR
03-12-2014, 05:11 AM
I was inclined to vote waffles, but I feel that is a side effect from craving them for so long. I really want a waffle iron. I make some bomb ass flapjacks but nothing beats french toast.