PDA

View Full Version : What are the stars next to my name

luckilla
02-14-2014, 06:06 PM
Can someone please tell me exactly what the stars next to my name mean. I have 3 stars. Thank you for letting me know, luckilla.

Chris Miller
02-14-2014, 06:08 PM
They're linked to your rank, and change with your post count.

luckilla
02-14-2014, 06:10 PM
I see you have 5 stars, so that means you have a lot of posts right? Thank you.

SUCCESSOR
02-15-2014, 02:04 AM
I see you have 5 stars, so that means you have a lot of posts right? Thank you.
Stars have to do with post count, how long you have been a member, and member status(member, moderator, admin, etc.). I forget the specifics of how it works. You can see a members join date and post count under his/her avatar.

luckilla
02-15-2014, 05:17 AM
Thanks everyone. I thought maybe I got starts for letting them know about bugs and issues. but was not sure I am just trying to help make the next general release good. I have some ideas and thoughts for the future.

luckilla
12-20-2016, 04:47 PM
I now have a purple looking color star.

Chris Miller
12-20-2016, 07:24 PM
Collect all the colors and get a free Rainbow Dash plushie.

ZoriaRPG
12-20-2016, 07:42 PM

Speaking of that, my colour is still wrong. I never bothered to care much, but as minor a part as it may be, I'm technically a moderator with my group un-set.
luckilla : I never remember what anything other than gold stars mean. I seem to recall that the green blocks are tied to being tagged, or mentioned. I've been asked my other members what they mean, and I just tell them 'Gold is the blokes you don't want want to annoy. Pretty much everything else, shouldn't matter overmuch.'

There's probably some otherworldly formula that determines the rest, and you need to pray to Cthulhu for the star patterns necessary to work out the interdimentional maths and figures.

luckilla
12-20-2016, 08:31 PM
Thanks you for letting me know. I had more stars, but then had trouble getting Zelda Classic build to work correct a few weeks ago with my OS. I got some great advice to keep moving the builds into different folders to get it to work. My few stars turned into one purple looking start.

DarkDragon
12-20-2016, 09:00 PM
The star system is in a half-broken state. A forum upgrade at some point must have overwritten part of the modifications that make it work.

The green bars are reputation bars. Click the "star" icon underneath a person's post to give them reputation.

DarkDragon
12-20-2016, 10:12 PM
I fixed some of the obvious issues with the star system, but kinks might remain.

The number and color of stars, for most members, is determined purely by post count.

luckilla
12-20-2016, 10:25 PM
Ok, it said I was as a shadow.

ZoriaRPG
12-20-2016, 11:51 PM
The star system is in a half-broken state. A forum upgrade at some point must have overwritten part of the modifications that make it work.

The green bars are reputation bars. Click the "star" icon underneath a person's post to give them reputation.

Ah,that explains the quasi-random nature of the distribution.

I knew that one of the widgets affected the bars, but I barely pay attention to this sort of thing on forums, save hen it indicates staff, in some manner.

For some while, conversation here has mostly been about ten of us, bantering in The Veldt. Good to see some life returning, where these icons, and features may be of use.

VEL
12-21-2016, 03:48 PM

I want one!

War Lord
12-21-2016, 11:06 PM
I want one!
VEL!
How have you been?

VEL
12-22-2016, 04:16 PM
VEL!
How have you been?

I've been crazy like I usually are! WEEEEEEEEEEE

mrz84
12-22-2016, 08:54 PM
I've been crazy like I usually are! WEEEEEEEEEEE

Isn't everyone crazy though? At least in their own way?

luckilla
12-22-2016, 09:04 PM
Ya!

ctrl-alt-delete
02-24-2017, 04:05 AM
VEL, War Lord, I have a question that needs an answer.

Vel registered on the day AGN was created...did you guys know each other in person or how did that happen?

Also, thanks DarkDragon for fixing the stars. Shadowtiger and I had plans to do it a while back but never got around to it. In lieu of "special" stars for certain posts (1337) I plan on making some achievements for stuff like that with this new plugin.

War Lord
02-24-2017, 10:19 AM
We do not know each other IRL. @VEL (http://www.armageddongames.net/member.php?u=38505) was just looking to play a great Zelda game.
Love to hear her side of it though

VEL
02-24-2017, 03:28 PM
From what I remember.... I used to go on a site called "BS Zelda Homepage" alot. I think Phantom Menace posted about ZC there or maybe someone else did, and then I registered here. I remember the first version of ZC I played, I think the enemies didn't work, and if you pushed a button it would switch between classic and BS tiles.

ctrl-alt-delete
02-24-2017, 04:45 PM
Fascinating you registered on the day the board was created. Glad to see you around so much lately.

Chris Miller
02-24-2017, 09:50 PM
VEL
You should make a new Mario's Insane Rampage with the latest version of ZC. New members would be drawn to the unbelievable levels of debauchery.

bigjoe
02-25-2017, 03:16 AM
Vel registered on the day AGN was created...did you guys know each other in person or how did that happen?

I'm not 100% sure but I believe everyone had to reregister around that time,due to a forum software migration. This means that the forums date back a little bit further than that.
I'm pretty sure I remember scrapping with people as early as 1999. I could be wrong, though.

ctrl-alt-delete
02-25-2017, 08:35 AM
Yeah, you're probably right now that I'm thinking about it.

VEL
02-25-2017, 03:51 PM
Fascinating you registered on the day the board was created. Glad to see you around so much lately.
YAY! :)

You should make a new Mario's Insane Rampage with the latest version of ZC. New members would be drawn to the unbelievable levels of debauchery.
I have thought about updating the ones I made with the newer features of ZC. Maybe I will someday if I ever get a computer set up that can do it.

I'm not 100% sure but I believe everyone had to reregister around that time,due to a forum software migration. This means that the forums date back a little bit further than that.
I'm pretty sure I remember scrapping with people as early as 1999. I could be wrong, though.
I was thinking that might have happened, but it was so long ago its hard to remember.

mrz84
02-25-2017, 10:34 PM
I remember registering back in high school (Class of 2001!), but I'm not sure if I remember of hearing of AGN before. Orginially got a disc from a PC Gaming magazine with some full games and demos on it and the full version of the then current ZC was on there. Still have the disc too (somewhere in a box)