PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo DS Virtual Console coming to Wii U

Ventus
01-30-2014, 12:21 AM
http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=221376

Well it seems that the Wii U might be getting interesting soon with this being done... But why the The Wii U and not the 3DS?

SUCCESSOR
01-30-2014, 06:20 AM
Why the 3DS? Did they stop selling DS games? It makes much more sense that they go to the Wii U or both. I think it is a smart move.

MasterSwordUltima
01-30-2014, 07:04 AM
But, the 3DS already has all of the hardware for DS games...I mean, dual screens, and the touch pad. I can't help but feel this will be really sloppy on the Wii U. :\

Ventus
01-30-2014, 11:26 AM
Why the 3DS? Did they stop selling DS games? It makes much more sense that they go to the Wii U or both. I think it is a smart move.
It would more sense for it to be on both consoles but maybe its a way to get people more interested in the console.

But, the 3DS already has all of the hardware for DS games...I mean, dual screens, and the touch pad. I can't help but feel this will be really sloppy on the Wii U. :\
Knowing Nintendo it might not be sloppy, I'm pretty sure they made sure that games will pretty smooth on the console.

mrz84
01-30-2014, 12:29 PM
Interesting, though I'll probably stick to getting the hard copies of DS games I want. Even if some of them are absurdingly expensive and hard to find in good condition. AND aren't fakes. We'll just to see what fruit this tree bears.

SUCCESSOR
01-30-2014, 08:39 PM
Why would it be sloppy? A lot of DS games run great on my Galaxy Nexus.

It would make sense for DS VC games to be on both but Nintendo seems to be a little slow on implementing common sense. All in all, DS VC on Wii U sounds like a great move.

Ventus
01-30-2014, 08:47 PM
It would make sense for DS VC games to be on both but Nintendo seems to be a little slow on implementing common sense. All in all, DS VC on Wii U sounds like a great move.
Yeah for sure its a pretty good move in the right direction, at least people will be able to get some DS games that are hard to find.

SUCCESSOR
01-30-2014, 10:22 PM
Yeah for sure its a pretty good move in the right direction, at least people will be able to get some DS games that are hard to find.

Unfortunatly that is hardly ever the case. Usually the VC games you can get are the ones you already can easily get.

Ventus
01-30-2014, 11:12 PM
Unfortunatly that is hardly ever the case. Usually the VC games you can get are the ones you already can easily get.

Well its not really in issue at the moment but in the future it might be. but then again I could be wrong as I haven't been into buying DS games so I don't even have an Idea on how easy/hard it is to find certain ones.

erm2003
02-01-2014, 10:47 PM

Or you just have to wait a few years for the more rare ones to finally be released. See Chrono Trigger. Either way I am sure it will be a money maker for them. I can see some of the DS games being ported rather nicely to the Wii U with proper use of the game pad.

Aegix Drakan
02-11-2014, 10:24 PM
*Does a spit take*

Wha...How the hell did I not hear about this?! This is awesome!