PDA

View Full Version : Subscreen Pallete doesn't change?

MasterSwordUltima
01-29-2014, 09:17 AM
Not sure what I could've done, but I had my subscreens (both passive and active, the only 2 I have) set to a specific blue color I have in CSet6. It was working beautifully. Not sure why, but not it comes up purple, as though it's using a different CSet.

Same thing happened with my heart and magic guage pieces. They used to use CSet2, then I swapped each one (painstakingly) to use CSet6 by ways of clicking each of the tiles, +ing my way to CSet6, then hitting enter.

What else would be interfering with the way the subscreen shows up? None of my scripts affect the subscreen.

Forgot to mention that they show up fine in ZQuest. But when I test drive my quest in ZC itself, it's as though something made them change CSets. Can DMaps somehow affect the subscreen's CSet?

Gleeok
01-29-2014, 11:02 AM
I feel like I should know this but I generally stay away from sub-screen related things with a passion. :P

Only 2 things I can think of right now are a)if it's preferring Misc Colors somehow, or b)You didn't modify the default-set sub-screen and you have to change what is set for each DMAP.

[edit] You said you are using CSET 6. This is actually Links CSET and changes color as Link's palette changes (ie; the rings). If you go to Palettes->Sprites you can see if this is the case.

MasterSwordUltima
01-29-2014, 11:23 AM
Hmm, it definitely is drawing from the Sprite CSet6 - if there is a difference or something. That actually helped a great deal.