PDA

View Full Version : Conker's Bad Fur Day was originally a kiddy game

Ventus
01-27-2014, 10:45 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6ceNFV2yz4

As seen there CBFD was going to be a kiddy type of game called Twelve Tales: Conker 64, but for some odd reason rare went and matured the game quite a bit into the game we all now today as the game that really pushed the limits on mature themes... Conkers Bad Fur Day. (Which I remind you was a masterpiece)

mrz84
01-28-2014, 03:49 AM
The Great Mighty Poo is one of my favorite boss fights. Mostly for the dialogue. I like Death too. Hilarious.

As for the kiddie game, knew bout that, and never really thought about why they changed it. Meh. :shrug:

MasterSwordUltima
01-28-2014, 07:24 AM
And to this day, the N64 version remains the better game.

Ventus
01-28-2014, 11:37 AM
And to this day, the N64 version remains the better game.

So true, but I did enjoy the shinny graphics of the xbox version. :P

VEL
01-29-2014, 06:07 PM
I think there was a kiddy Conker game released for gameboy before the N64 mature version was even announced.

Ventus
01-29-2014, 08:02 PM
Yeah there was it was Conker's Pocket Tales, which was a pretty good small game.

CJC
01-29-2014, 09:01 PM
"Context sensitive... sensitive to context! Just go over there and press B"

Never owned an N64 (still don't), so the XBox remake was my only experience with Conker's Bad Fur Day. That said, I did really enjoy the game (despite the cheesy region-specific outfits, like Van Conker). Multiplayer was bad, but I rarely play games for that purpose anyway.

Man, if I had time to dig out the XBox and play it again, that would be awesome. I don't think it'd run on a 360 since it probably doesn't have a compatibility patch.