PDA

View Full Version : New monitor shuts off after a few minutes of playing ZC

ekolis
01-21-2014, 08:48 PM
I then have to press escape to pause the game; then it comes back after a few seconds.

I also got a gamepad, which I'm using to play the game now; I was using the keyboard before. I wonder if because I'm not touching the keyboard or mouse, my monitor is going to sleep? Does anyone know of a way to make a gamepad keep the monitor awake?

edit: yeah, it was the gamepad! Moving the mouse woke my monitor up too...

XMuppetSB
01-21-2014, 09:25 PM
Yeah, I really hate it when that happens while I'm playing a quest in ZC with a controller, whereas when you play it with the keyboard, you don't have that problem. As for a way to make the gamepad keep the monitor awake, I don't think that's possible.

Gleeok
01-22-2014, 02:52 AM
I put some fixes in a long time ago to prevent screensaver and hibernate from activating on windows, however the catch is that "zc_win_proc_fix" had to be enabled and that ended up crashing on keyboard input for some computers.

It's currently a low-priority allegro bug; a fix might be merging with the allegro 4.4 branch, or maybe a hook in the joystick update--not entirely sure.

Best thing I can think of for now is increase the monitor delay by a few more minutes and just remember to nudge the mouse every now and again. If you have a laser mouse you can also get creative such as putting the subwoofer to touch the table; wrap the gamepad chord around the mouse chord once; whatever. ..Welcome to zc bug-fixing 101! :tongue2:

ekolis
01-22-2014, 07:28 AM
Would it be possible to make that "zc_win_proc_fix" thing a user option so folks who don't get a crash can take advantage of it?

Gleeok
01-22-2014, 08:20 AM
It's in the config file (ag.cfg).