PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Can't see Link/

Matdemo159
01-17-2014, 04:25 PM
As the title states, I can't see Link when I start up my quest! I'm using the Pure Tileset Basic 2.5. do I need to fix a quest rule, or do I need a new Link tileset altogether? If so, where can I get one? Thanks in advance.
(Link to tileset page: http://www.purezc.net/index.php?page=tilesets&id=82)

ShadowTiger
01-17-2014, 08:50 PM
A few things to consider:

1) Link Tile Modifiers exist (http://shardstorm.com/ZCwiki/Item_Editor#GFX). They can change the tile page reference to Link's tiles. It's additive in nature, meaning if you give Link a shield with an LTM modifier of 20, and he gets it, his tiles will appear 20 tiles ahead of where they originally were in the tiles page. If he collects an item after that with an LTM mod of 200, his tiles will be 220 tiles ahead. This is one possibility.

2) Quest -> Graphics -> Sprites -> Link (http://shardstorm.com/ZCwiki/Link). What's in there? Do Link's graphics appear there properly?

3) Are you under layers 3 through 6? Those layers appear above Link's sprites.

This will require a bit more information in order to truly understand how this could have happened. What have you done to alter the tileset thus far?

CJC
01-17-2014, 08:52 PM
EDIT: Ninja'd!

From a cursory glance at the tileset, I can see two possible reasons why you would encounter this problem:

Pure 2.5 out of the box does not utilize extended tile modifiers. If you've selected that animation rule it will cause graphical issues.
Pure 2.5 also uses very specific LTMs for the shield. The Link Tile Modifiers for shields should be 20, -12, and -6.

Go to Link's animation and make sure he's appearing there. It's possible you accidentally moved important tiles or changed the sprite settings by mistake.

...You did build your quest off a copy of the tileset quest file, yes? Because if you exported/imported a graphics pack you are likely to encounter many problems such as this.

Matdemo159
01-18-2014, 01:13 AM
Wow, you're right! everything's a blank square! So how do I get a new link tileset?
P.S should I send you the .qst file?

CJC
01-18-2014, 02:18 AM
I'm guessing you're saying yes to ShadowTiger's response #2.

Even so, I'm going to run through a few scenarios:

1.)If Quest -> Graphics -> Tiles is empty:
Redownload the tileset and start over. It will be much easier to work with the intended quest-file than it will to try and replace the missing tiles.
This is the easiest fix but will force you to start over with your quest construction.

2.)If Quest -> Graphics -> Sprites -> Link is empty:

a.) Make sure the animation style is set to BS (this is the three-frame animation style)
b.) Starting with the page that first pops up, click on the black boxes and select the tile to use for Link.
c.) You'll be on the tile pages. Go to page 0, which is where the Pure Set keeps its Link tiles.
d.) For most situations, you will see sets of three similar tiles to choose from. Always choose the left-most of the three. When you select the tile it will go back to the Sprite previews and you'll see a demo of how it will animate. Make adjustments as necessary. When you've finished a page, change to the next one with the tabs on the top of the window.
e.) The Stab, Slash, Pound, Hold1Item, and Hold2Item sprites are each only one frame of animation. When setting these tiles, look for the one that is most appropriate and select it. The animations for some of these will look funny/flickering until you've set all the sprites, so be sure to review before you are finished.

There's no need to send your quest file, I'm sure this will all be sorted out soon.

Matdemo159
01-19-2014, 02:21 PM
1.) Nope, everything's fine there.
2.)That's exactly the what the problem is. But I'm really confused. Some tiles are missing, some I can't tell what there for, and specifically, which tile do I use for walking? (which link frame: no shield, normal shield, magical shield, mirror shield?)
Could use post a picture or video explaining what goes where (This tile for walk up, this tile for slash down) ,and what sorts itself out and the things I have to do manually?

Zim
01-19-2014, 03:41 PM
No shield. The LTM does the rest.

Matdemo159
01-20-2014, 04:33 PM
Ok. One problem left. I don't like the link tiles that come with the tileset. Where can I get new ones?