PDA

View Full Version : Some adjustments to make to the Link Sprite Editor

XMuppetSB
01-16-2014, 01:46 PM
Okay, at one point in time, somebody mentioned some problems with the Zelda 3 Animation previews:
1. The Stab and Pound Sprite previews are shown to use 3 frames, whereas in ZC itself, stab only uses one stab sprite, and pound only uses one pound sprite and the stab sprite.
2. The Floating, Swimming, and Diving Sprite previews are shown to use 4 frames, even though in ZC itself, only 3 tiles are used for each of these.
3. The Slash Sprite previews are shown to use 6 frames, whereas in ZC itself, they only use one slash sprite and the stab sprite.
Back then, _L_ mentioned that the real problem was the sprite animation previews in ZQuest were very misleading. So, for the next version, these Zelda 3 animation previews still need to be corrected.

Also, it would be nice if we could have a second Z1 Animation Style. Except instead of having the up facing tiles use flip animation, why not make them use 2 frame animation? This one could be called Zelda 1 (Fixed).

MasterSwordUltima
01-18-2014, 03:02 PM
Oh man, having that up facing walking animation use 2 tiles would be really nice.

XMuppetSB
06-09-2014, 01:02 AM
I forgot to mention this earlier, but, when you set up some tiles for 2x2 Link (which is set up using 6 tiles in a 3x2 format), the preview tiles for 2x2 Link appear to be a little messed up, even if you set them up correctly. And that's another glitch in the Link sprite editor that needs to be fixed.

Tamamo
03-11-2015, 12:18 PM
IMHO Z3 animation is buggy and incomplete in my opinion should be fixed to match ZQuest with a backwards compatibility quest rule for old quest that defaults to the old behavior. Also yes I too agree Link flipping while facing up while swimming and charging is dumb.