PDA

View Full Version : Grass Clippings Sprite

XMuppetSB
01-09-2014, 02:51 PM
I discovered something strange about the grass clippings misc sprite. It uses both the tile selected for the sprite and the tile that comes immediately after that tile.
But it turns out, it's been this way since ever. The question is, was this intended behavior? Because if so, I placed a second grass clippings tile after the first one just in case.

SUCCESSOR
02-22-2014, 01:53 AM
I discovered something strange about the grass clippings misc sprite. It uses both the tile selected for the sprite and the tile that comes immediately after that tile.
But it turns out, it's been this way since ever. The question is, was this intended behavior? Because if so, I placed a second grass clippings tile after the first one just in case.

It must be one of those things that has remained the same since it was originally implemented in a half assed way.

XMuppetSB
02-22-2014, 02:32 AM
It must be one of those things that has remained the same since it was originally implemented in a half assed way.

Well, the Grass Clippings aren't exactly the only thing that were implemented in a half assed way. I mean, look at the hammer impact sprite. If you pull out the hammer and turn in another direction before the hammer hits the ground, the impact sprite appears in the direction you were originally facing when you pulled out the hammer, instead of the spot where the hammer hit the ground.