PDA

View Full Version : I think it has been six years....

VEL
12-28-2013, 12:31 AM
I think it has been six years since I last logged on to this site.... I recently found a bunch of videos on YouTube of people playing "Mario's Insane Rampage" and that led me back here eventually. I thought I'd post something since I was here, and I actually remembered my password. Not really sure what to say.... I see some members that I used to know are still active. I remember when I left, I just left without saying anything, I just logged out and didn't come back, I actually did that on multiple sites, I just got sick of the internet. I haven't used the internet much since then, I used to be on it most of the day, now I'm barely on it... Overall my life has gotten alot better since those days.

King Aquamentus
12-28-2013, 12:52 AM
*falls out of chair, or backwards in chair, whichever is funnier*

VEL.

Oh my god.

It's you. Thank you so much for coming back. Some of us *did* worry a lot, I assure you :) *hugs tightly*

This is the best news I've read all day. Did you post on Pure yet? *Has yet to check*

(I'm Old-Skool btw)

So, as you may or may not have noticed, Glenn the Great passed away in October. Quite a shock, yes, but there's so much to it that it might be best to read into it for yourself. However, there's been a bit more tragedy than that: Hardly three weeks after Glenn's passing was announced, Will Weibold, aka Wildbill, was also lost. It's not known what the cause of Wildbill's death was, however, his obituary can be found here:
http://www.beckchapels.com/memsol.cgi?page=profile&section=info&user_id=1202262

Needless to say, It might be good you came back when you did. Nice to know you're ok

SUCCESSOR
12-28-2013, 01:11 AM
VELARINA! Son of a bitch! I have been wondering what the fuck happened to you! God damn I still remember the days we would lurk in AGN chat. I kind of quit the internet a few times so I understand that whole thing.

Overall my life has gotten alot better since those days.

Glad to hear it!

bigjoe
12-28-2013, 01:37 AM
Wow, I was worried sick about you. Good to see that you are okay. You know, I often think of doing the same thing. Just leaving the internet without a word. I guess I don't have the same amount of determination.

ctrl-alt-delete
12-28-2013, 08:50 AM
*falls out of chair, or backwards in chair, whichever is funnier*

VEL.

Oh my god.

It's you. Thank you so much for coming back. Some of us *did* worry a lot, I assure you :) *hugs tightly*

This is the best news I've read all day. Did you post on Pure yet? *Has yet to check*

(I'm Old-Skool btw)

So, as you may or may not have noticed, Glenn the Great passed away in October. Quite a shock, yes, but there's so much to it that it might be best to read into it for yourself. However, there's been a bit more tragedy than that: Hardly three weeks after Glenn's passing was announced, Will Weibold, aka Wildbill, was also lost. It's not known what the cause of Wildbill's death was, however, his obituary can be found here:
http://www.beckchapels.com/memsol.cgi?page=profile&section=info&user_id=1202262

Needless to say, It might be good you came back when you did. Nice to know you're ok

Same thing caused both.

Dark Nation passed away as well.

So glad to hear things are going well, Vel. Drop in and visit every now and then.

Nightmare
12-28-2013, 02:20 PM
Welcome Back VEL.

-James

VEL
12-28-2013, 05:44 PM
It's been six years and I'm trying to remember back to the days when I was here. I keep remembering more and more things I have forgotten about. I think right around when I left I was having some mental problems I kind of got fed up with the internet and computers and almost stopped using them, I think I was down to about 15 - 30 min a week for quite awhile. Some of the problems were caused by the meds I was on, one was interacting with the other or something. Well I did get that fixed pretty quickly. I started using the internet daily again around 1-2 years ago I think (some friends I had in real life kinda pushed me into it). I now use it around maybe 30 min a day.

Since I left I never really checked on these boards until recently, and then I was checking to see what has been done in ZC, who was still here, who wasn't and I ended up deciding to post something. I also did see the various posts about members passing away... :(

I was wondering if anyone was wondering where I went, and if anybody that knew me still posted here. I'm very glad that I did post something. Lately I've been doing volunteer work at a local toy store, mainly organizing the Lego and putting together some of the sets. My main hobby right now is Lego mainly Star Wars Lego, I even sculpt my own heads for species Lego doesn't make.

XMuppetSB
12-28-2013, 07:36 PM
You know, Valerie, I hadn't seen you in the ZC Community since 2007, back when I was known as Pokegamer1989. I had my username changed, because for one thing, people often mispronounced my old username and made jokes about it. But anyway, it's good to see you around here again. And yes, I remember playing your funny Legend of Mario quests.

King Aquamentus
12-29-2013, 12:35 AM
Lego eh? Funny you mention that, a castle set was one of my christmas gifts...

MasterSwordUltima
12-30-2013, 11:41 AM
I too received a Lego car set for X-mas. Always nice seeing old members stop by.

Chris Miller
12-30-2013, 05:55 PM
I remember you well. :D
Mario's Insane Rampage had me laughing like crazy, and feeling slightly dirty for it, and then laughing some more.

And those funny pictures you made of the old members were genius. XD

Seriously, I'm glad you're okay.

Phazite
01-02-2014, 12:14 AM
I was wondering not too long ago if you'd ever check in. For some reason I recall your, uh... struggle, with that one user: Fyra.

VEL
01-02-2014, 04:31 PM
AAArrgghhh FIRA! I remember them.....
I've been looking at some videos and topics about ZC, alot seems to have been added since I last used it... It makes me want to use it again. I still have alot of those old photoshopped pics on my site http://kenoshaonline.com/VEL/

ShadowTiger
01-02-2014, 05:32 PM
Really glad to see you again, VEL. Some odd and awkwardly mistaken part of me thought you had been arrested for something. What a silly rumor that is.

My most recent experience with lego is stepping on them. Doesn't make building with them any less fun. Oh god no. Glad to hear that you're well!

King Aquamentus
01-03-2014, 10:40 AM
I've been looking at some videos and topics about ZC, alot seems to have been added since I last used it... It makes me want to use it again. I still have alot of those old photoshopped pics on my site http://kenoshaonline.com/VEL/

Regarding BS Zelda...

ZC has a new feature called "screen-state carryovers", which allow you to transfer the status of one screen to another. In combination with another new feature that lets each screen have up to FOUR different tile warps, you can have one "trigger" screen's "secret activated" status carry over to another screen. Let's say this other screen has a warp leading to a screen where someone says:

"It is fortunate that the armos sleeps"

If, say, you were to trigger the appearance of a dungeon somewhere on the opposite side of the overworld (a trigger screen), that screen's status could be carried over to some screens with solid blank combos resembling armos. Each of these vanilla combos would have a secret flag on them which replaces them with actual armos combos. When the trigger screen's status carries over, all secrets on these screens get activated, and POW!! what were once lifeless statues can come to life. In addition, the screen with the cave entrance (combo: Cave Entrance (A)) can have a secret flag turn the cave into a (Cave Entrance (B)) combo, taking you to a similar but different cave, where a similar guy says:

"Life has been breathed into the armos statue".

It's a little complicated maybe, but basically on any overworld dmap, things like enemies, items, and secret status can be applied to another screen. Assuming these other screens don't already have legitimate secrets like a bombable wall or burnable bush, you can instead turn one warp combo into a different warp combo and simulate a change in NPC dialogue, or other things like with the armos.

VEL
01-03-2014, 05:51 PM
I didn't get arrested, but I was in a mental hospital which is kinda similar in a way.

Wow ZC has gotten alot more complicated, I also found some more videos with some awesome custom bosses yesterday,

King Aquamentus
01-04-2014, 11:39 PM
ShadowTiger wasn't alone, I was kinda wondering the same thing. Bigjoe too I think. Good to have you back.

Dechipher
01-06-2014, 12:51 AM
*clicks link*

MY EYES!!!!!!!

(welcome back)

Phazite
01-09-2014, 04:34 AM
What was the deal with Fira anyway? I never saw how that whole thing started. I only saw that he kept getting banned repeatedly, presumably for creating multiple accounts.

Dang, I remember that website! I think it used to be in your signature or something. Along with the dancing tektites.

bigjoe
01-09-2014, 06:33 AM
The charm of seeing my teenage face on the body of a man hoisting a panda never gets old.