PDA

View Full Version : More features and options for the Roc's Feather

HylianGlaceon
12-18-2013, 02:04 AM
While the Feather in ZC is an amazing item. It's very difficult to actually have it in a quest without it breaking something, or ending up having to use some weird way to make it needed if using as a dungeon item.

My suggestions:

Quest Rule: No Screen Scrolling if Link is in the Air.
Basically, no screen scrolling if you're jumping. Prevents cheating via scrolling screens with drownable water and prevents the Rafting without a Raft feature/bug.

Combo flag: Jump Trigger
Similar to how some secrets worked in the Oracles. Jumping on this tile will trigger secrets. This would make it much easier to have the Feather as a dungeon item.

Proper Spin Attack/Sword Charging + Feather usage:
In the official games you can charge and release Spin Attacks while jumping. In ZC this doesn't work and it's a shame.

Secondary Jump, along with a height modifier of it's own:
The Roc's Cape is overdue, could we get it soon? The item class even hints that it's meant to be in.

Combo type: No Jumping
Basically, no jumping on this tile. When it comes to the feather, there are times you may wanna disable it without taking it away from the player.

This is all I can really think of relating to the Feather. I may edit more in later if I think of something.

EDIT: Oh and this is a suggestion for 2.5.2