PDA

View Full Version : Blue Candle

Imzogelmo
11-16-2013, 01:08 AM
OK, so just a quick question. How many of these quests have the Blue Candle be found in level 1? So far, looks like a lot.

peteandwally
11-16-2013, 01:49 AM
I just have it in a shop like normal.

BtjCraft
11-16-2013, 11:06 AM
I have a blue candle in Level 1, but my quest allows people to get the red candle before Level 1, since I think one flame per screen is a ridiculous inconvenience.

CJC
11-16-2013, 03:33 PM
Mine does, but you are told exactly which shrub to burn and there is no necessary swidden exploration until you acquire the red candle in Level 4 (Actually, there's no necessary swidden exploration at all, but you WILL get the red candle in level 4. Also, after Level 5 you will have a tool that will make exploring the overworld much easier, regardless of whether you have the blue or red candle).

I think it's a popular choice because it forces the player to play some of the dungeons before beginning intensive secret exploration.

Imzogelmo
11-17-2013, 05:17 AM
I admit I put mine in level 1 also, but in playing several of these quests I had noticed that I wasn't the only one. I don't give the red candle until level 5, though.

Love For Fire
11-17-2013, 11:24 AM
I have the Blue Candle available in a shop and the Red Candle in Level 2. If you're going to be burning lots of bushes to find things, it's nice to not have to move back and forth between screens to do so.

Shoelace
11-17-2013, 06:50 PM
lol, that's funny. Yeah the Blue Candle is in the shops however, my level 1 item is the Red Candle. lol