PDA

View Full Version : importing tilesets for use in 2.5

Rohan_Garm_Gerudo_King
11-15-2013, 08:18 PM
How do you get imported files into the ZQuest system for use in making games? :confused-new:

Zim
11-26-2013, 10:02 PM
I do it with the help of a squad of magical faerii that follow me around.

In ZQuest, goto file->Import->Tileset, and choose the .til file of your desire.

Note: Importing the tileset does not automatically set the combo data, so importing a .cmb file is also nearly essential for this method of using a different tileset other than the default one, unless you want to spend days recomboing the entire tileset into a new combo set, and the same thing goes for the sprites and guys and everything else.
By sprites, I mean Link's sprites, as well as all the guys and weapons.

If this doesn't help you I'd be glad to further elaborate, but that pretty much explains it, and also, there are some .qst files floating around PureZC and AGN that are not passworded that have the alternate tilesets already set with the combopacks and sprites, ready to go, and all you'd have to do from that point is delete the maps and Dmaps, and would have a fresh ZQ .qst file to build from.

Zim.qst is a decent example of that for the Dance of Remembrance tileset, as the DoR tileset and combopack itself when uploaded wasn't even set up decently with the Link sprites and whatnot when published, and I had to do that myself.
So if you'd like DoR tileset, you can download that file, delete the DMaps and Maps, delete the script pages, and you'd have a build of ZQ ready to go with all the graphics set for the Link sprites, weapons, and combopack ready to design with.

Zim
12-03-2013, 01:36 PM
Parent/Child .dat burials.