PDA

View Full Version : [5th Quest Entry] Questwizard88

Questwizard88
11-03-2013, 05:51 PM
Here's my entry: https://www.questwizard.net/zc/quests/qw5th-v4.zip (http://questwizard.net/zc/quests/qw5th-v4.qst) (Updated 11/12/13) EDIT: Updated URL and re-uploaded the file. Forgot to do it when I remade my website years ago. Oops.
Overall, I'd say this is about the same style as my 4th quest dungeons were. Yes, there's Moldorms, but they've been nerfed a bit. There's some new enemies as well. You'll know them when you see them. I also nerfed some of the other 4th quest enemies somewhat since people thought they were overpowered in that quest.

This quest gets quite hard later on, especially level 9, but it is beatable.

Also, I have no idea what level 6's shape is. It was made by holding down the mouse button and randomly swiping across the DMap screen since I couldn't come up with a design at the time. It worked though.

Enjoy.

Changelog:
V1: Initial release.
V2: Fixed the rampant use of Enemies->Secret.
V3: Fixed under combo on screen 0:33. Not sure how that happened.
V4: Last minute removal of maze path in a dungeon since there's been a huge uproar over maze path usage.

Nightmare
11-03-2013, 06:04 PM
Beat your Lv. 1.

No need to have the secret sound play for every shutter you open. This was not on the NES.

Currently looking for a White Sword and the cheap shield shop.

-James

Questwizard88
11-03-2013, 07:53 PM
I just updated the quest to fix the rampant Enemies->Secret usage. That was a dumb oversight on my part.

V2: http://questwizard.net/zc/quests/qw5th-v2.qst

EDIT: See 1st post for updated link.

Nightmare
11-03-2013, 11:23 PM
Oh where oh where are you White Sword and Cheap Shield Shops?

-James

Questwizard88
11-04-2013, 01:07 AM
Oh where oh where are you White Sword and Cheap Shield Shops?

-James

The location of the white sword is:
-=SPOILER=-

The cheapest shield you'll find is 130.

zcfan27330
11-04-2013, 01:46 AM
Wow I found it and was about to post it before Questwizard did. That's slick to hide it there

Nightmare
11-04-2013, 02:17 AM
Creepy Crawly QuestWizard:

Armos Screen 1 south 1 east of old Lv. 6 entrance: Under combos are not supposed to be normal color: They're supposed to be gray.

-James

Questwizard88
11-04-2013, 03:26 AM
Wow ZQ does goofy things sometimes. Funny thing is I never edited the undercombo on that screen. Fixed it.

V3: http://questwizard.net/zc/quests/qw5th-v3.qst

EDIT: See 1st post for updated link.

Gleeok
11-05-2013, 01:15 AM
Holy cow. Can QuestWizard go back-to-back? Will there be even bigger, badder Moldorms in the 5th? All these questions answered and more! Stay tuned! :tongue2:

Seriously though, good luck to you.

Questwizard88
11-13-2013, 02:59 AM
I made a quick change to remove the maze path in a dungeon since there's been a big fuss over maze path usage.
V4: http://questwizard.net/zc/quests/qw5th-v4.qst

Imzogelmo
11-15-2013, 05:25 AM
I just started the quest. Finished level 1. So far, I like the pace of it. I hope people don't hate the maze paths too much, since I have a few of them in my quest. ;)

zcfan
11-16-2013, 03:31 PM
very good work wizard so far have beatin both lvl 1 and 2 looking for lvl 3 no idea where to look really lost

bigboylink
11-22-2013, 08:04 AM
very good work wizard so far have beatin both lvl 1 and 2 looking for lvl 3 no idea where to look really lost

-=SPOILER=-

Question about level 4:

-=SPOILER=-

Very fun quest so far.

EDIT:

Just finished the quest. Almost 7 hours to finish, 21 deaths; 13 of which were in level 5. Most of the dungeons were very fun to explore, and they had a similar feel to your 4th quest dungeons (which is great!). In the spoiler below are some quick end-of-game reactions; I'll post a more thorough review after I've had some time to think and absorb the quest.

-=SPOILER=-

justin1
11-28-2013, 09:09 PM
overworld screen 4E, the armos has a solid black undercombo, and its a cave walk down instead of stairs.
overworld screen 28, is missing the zora.

also, are my eyes just playing tricks or is the overworld a different colour?

edit: seems like the bait has no action sprite. link appears to place it, but it doesn't show up.

finding this pretty difficult so far. just finished lvl2, with many deaths and losses of my shield.

CJC
12-12-2013, 04:59 PM
Voting is now open for this quest. Vote for as many categories as you please, but be sure to vote before tax day!

Also, please post in this thread stating which categories you selected and explaining why you picked those categories.

Nightmare
12-21-2013, 03:23 PM
I think the Blue Wizzrobes in Lv. 2 really have to go QuestWizard (maybe one can stay and you can bomb it out, but two or more is definitely too much). I got only 5 Hearts and they're relatively obnoxious to take out, especially with your "puzzle fighting" style. They are probably too rough to handle for most players.

Edit: This quest is just absurdly stupidly hard and to a degree extremely unfair. First Blue Wizzrobes, then you can't dodge Red Bubbles and have to kill Like-Likes and everything else? Give me a break. I'm into challenge quests, but this one's just wrong. I don't think many people in their right mind are beating this one, Gleeok included.

TONE IT DOWN!

-James

Gleeok
01-15-2014, 06:00 AM
Beat levels 1 and 2 (Lv 2 is a little tricky isn't it?). Looking for the blue ring (and LV3) now. Pretty fun so far. I think this one is better in a few ways than the 4th.

Minor complaints:
* Early grinding for rupees. Maybe 90 for a shield isn't so bad I think.
* As with the 4th Quest you lose some authenticity points with almost every room layout being unique. There's a few rooms that are too cluttered with traps also.

justin1
02-25-2014, 10:24 PM
onto lvl6. a couple bugs...

whistle warps after getting the 5th triforce bring me to the entrances of lvl6 and lvl8. i wasn't sent to either of these before when using the warps. i'm guessing the 5th triforce warp is setup wrong. as for the other one... i also get warped to lvl1, lvl3, lvl4. so probably lvl2 warp set wrong.

in lvl5. there was a dark room with stalfos2, one carries some bombs. if you don't collect the bombs they show up in the top left. i think you're supposed to place them on the screen as well as check the enemies carry item flag. also, i think its the room above, two lamolas and a few bomb gibdos - if you kill the lamolas, leave and reenter the room is cleared.

you should select link holds item over head for the items that aren't in item cellars - red candle, bait, potions, etc.

justin1
03-04-2014, 10:55 PM
keylocked in lvl6.

lvl7 - too easy

lvl8 - got stuck returning from the bosskey room. on the way back down in the room with 6 traps, the shutter door on the south wall won't open.

Nightmare
03-20-2014, 05:08 PM
Giving you a NC QW. I hate Level 2.

-James

Coyotek4
08-19-2014, 07:40 PM
Just completed this quest. I must have gotten an easier version (judging by the comments before mine), as I felt the quest as a whole to be challenging but fair. I died 9 times in all, mostly near the beginning. The placement of the Magic Sword is unique and fun. I liked getting the Red Candle and the Red Ring earlier than usual.

One BIG gripe: I had to buy a half dozen keys before I finally found the Magic Key. That kind of grinding is not fun.

Overall, I did like the quest ... but the dungeons and overall feel was just a bit too far from 'original' status for me to place in my upper echelon. Solidly done, though. Kudos!

bigboylink
08-19-2014, 08:26 PM
If you don't mind sharing (perhaps in a spoiler box), where did you find the magic key?

Coyotek4
08-19-2014, 08:52 PM
If you don't mind sharing (perhaps in a spoiler box), where did you find the magic key?

I forget the exact location, but ...

-=SPOILER=-