PDA

View Full Version : What is that one game you always go back to?

MischaPetya
11-03-2013, 02:27 PM
Every so often I seem to go back to Mario Tennis or Super Mario Kart.

zcfan27330
11-03-2013, 02:43 PM
RPG's The first few zelda games

MischaPetya
11-03-2013, 03:53 PM
RPG's The first few zelda games

Yeah I also like the early Zelda games especially ALttP probably my favorite Zelda game.

Aliem
11-03-2013, 04:18 PM
Final Fantasy IX or Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall. Dungeon crawling in Daggerfall is pretty awesome :D

erm2003
11-03-2013, 09:16 PM
The early Zelda games get at least one play through a year from me. I also love going back to Chrono Trigger and just playing through the amazing story again even though I know the game so well by now. If I still had a working copy of Illusion of Gaia I would do the same with that. Every now and then I also get into the mood to just plow through some old NES games like Contra and the first and third Mario games.

EDIT: Oh and the first 6 Mega Man games of course. I can't leave those out!

mrz84
11-04-2013, 03:34 AM
Tetris and any variation of the original Metroid

MischaPetya
11-04-2013, 04:30 AM
The early Zelda games get at least one play through a year from me. I also love going back to Chrono Trigger and just playing through the amazing story again even though I know the game so well by now. If I still had a working copy of Illusion of Gaia I would do the same with that. Every now and then I also get into the mood to just plow through some old NES games like Contra and the first and third Mario games.

EDIT: Oh and the first 6 Mega Man games of course. I can't leave those out!

Yeah I also like the first 6 Mega Man games especially the first four.

Tim
11-04-2013, 11:41 AM
The game I've ever played the most is Final Fantasy VI. I'm currently playing a neat little hack of it.

Jirin
11-05-2013, 12:43 AM
Lifetime I'd have to say Super Mario Bros 3.

I did come back to Final Fantasy Tactics a whole lot because the game is built for challenge runs. Win with characters of these classes, win under this level, win with fewer characters. The perfect challenge run game. All it needs is a hack community to make more interesting levels.

Also Megaman 2-3, Zelda 1 and 3, Mario 64 (Esp hacks), Final Fantasy 4-6. Basically any game I really loved before 2004 I've come back to several times.

SUCCESSOR
11-07-2013, 07:37 PM
Damn there are so many.

Chrono Trigger, FFVI, Mario RPG... Act Raiser, MMX, any Pokemon...

CJC
11-07-2013, 11:37 PM
Alundra. It's definitely my all time favorite in the genre.

Though I do revisit all the games in the library every once in a while (I stopped last time on DQ8... too much grinding), Alundra is the origin point on my gaming graph (And no, I don't mean it's my first... it's a math thing).

T-Storm
11-12-2013, 08:22 PM
Descent: Freespace, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, and Wind Waker, though the latter two have lost a lot of their replay value for me.

I think I've played Majora's Mask more than any other three games combined. I used to restart my save file every Friday.

Xyvol
11-12-2013, 09:47 PM
I'm sure there are others, but the one that comes to mind first is Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. I usualy pop that in every couple of years and play though. I can never seem to replay RPGs. The time investment generally keeps me from getting very far into it before I've moved on to something else, and without new story to keep me hooked an replay just doesn't last.

ShadowTiger
11-13-2013, 05:37 PM
Ultima 7 (both parts) every few years. Never seems to get old. I love the game's engine. I wish more games had an engine like that. :-/
Smash Bros Melee - It's always there for me, ready to be jumped upon and played like a fiddle. Or a video game, I suppose. Quit being so literal. Oh or Brawl. Don't care which.
Serious Sam - Any of them. It's all good. Much fun all around.
Doom - The GZDoom port, to be specific, and generally with some large mapset and the Aeons of Death 6 modifier. Far too much fun.
Unreal Tournament 3 - (again, any of them. But I have 3 available from Steam at all times.) It's just "start and play." What could be simpler.
All DS Castlevania games. Also an engine I can love.

I also seem to play Deus Ex a lot.

Xyvol
11-13-2013, 09:32 PM
Ultima 7 (both parts) every few years. Never seems to get old. I love the game's engine. I wish more games had an engine like that. :-/

One of my favorite things to do is get the Skeleton Key, go to Cove, move Rudyom's chair outside, then when he goes out to sit I use the key to lock both doors. The poor insane mage runs about trying to get back into his house.

ShadowTiger
11-15-2013, 04:32 PM
I made an entire mansion in Serpent Isle, near the Sleeping Bull Inn. I mean a whole mansion. Basement and everything. It's awesome.

BtjCraft
11-16-2013, 11:24 AM
There's a lot of games I go back to, especially Zelda Games, but one that I know that I will always be going back to is Chrono Trigger. How could I have possibly missed out on that game for so long?

travis.ross88
12-14-2013, 08:49 AM
My downright favorite old game is Pikmin 2. It just has so much replay value for me, especially doing different challenge runs through the game. I just decided to replay it again and I'm trying to do the 7-day run.