PDA

View Full Version : old stuff, Glenn, etc

Liliith
10-14-2013, 08:51 PM
---

erm2003
10-14-2013, 10:53 PM
AGN is dead. Literally, only like five people use it. It took a death to bring back some of the old ghosts that used to haunt this place. It is done. This site is in the dead middle of winter (you know, that whole analogy "the autumn of my years"). R.I.P. AGN.

There's also no fun allowed. No one's allowed to be an asshole any more.

And you are one of the proud five! But seriously, we don't want total assholes because if this site is going to continue to regain more frequent posters then we don't want to constantly see people trolled in every thread they post in. That said, this thread was created to reminisce about the positive memories of AGN so let's keep it there ok?

I joined back in 2004 and didn't really become very active for a while after that so I also missed some of the big events like the AGN convention (was it just the one or were there more?). I also don't know anyone personally on here. I know there are quite a few members here who grew up together or met each other IRL at some point. I used to read a lot of old posts to figure out personalities here, especially in General Bitching and Ask Someone Who Gets Laid (I think you were looking for that one). Some of the old threads were just hilarious!

I am glad to be back as an active member now though. It's tough without seeing all the regulars from my early days, and there were a lot of good ones, but people's lives change. I am on here at least every other day typically so I can keep up with what's going on and I totally get why people don't come back. It's not that they don't want to, they just move on to different parts of their lives. It's still nice though that many people come back and still call AGN their home.

SUCCESSOR
10-14-2013, 11:40 PM
It's just like a woman to start off a conversation like she's breaking up with you... I kinda skimmed, Liliith (btw would you like a name change? The extra i is slowly causing a terminal aneurism behind my left eye) so I was confused by a lot of the stuff about Glenn. Also much of my personal experiences of AGN history were burnt up in a cloud of marijuana smoke and drown in a sea of alcohol so I won't be much help there. I'll try I guess.

Most of the people you mentioned haven't been seen in ages. Was there a Daarkseid sighting? I personally have been hoping for him to come back.

Ask Someone Who Gets Laid which was Ask a Dominatrix after the virgins running it were fired. Wasn't that you?

General Bitching was retired (again). We have The Veldt now and it serves the same purpose and more.

My Internet Atheism brings all the boys to the yard.

Mercy
10-15-2013, 04:02 AM
Another reason is I don't think I have much in common with anyone here, because I gradually got the impression that most of AGN is really country.
Interesting. Is that another way of saying AGN's bible belt shows? The closest I get to country is my container garden behind my condo and Johnny Cash in my mp3's and I know there are other city mice on the forums.

- everyone's Internet Atheism
Who is this "everyone" of which you speak? And how is Internet Atheism different from atheism and do I need both to avoid being raptured or can I get by with the garden-variety atheism I picked up as a kid?

Anarchy_Balsac
10-15-2013, 04:44 PM
Who is this "everyone" of which you speak? And how is Internet Atheism different from atheism and do I need both to avoid being raptured or can I get by with the garden-variety atheism I picked up as a kid?

Atheism is not subject to just one philosophy, or one reason for it. In China, for instance, atheism is common, but they still tend to believe in things like spirits and supernatural phenomena. "Internet Atheism" is probably referring to the tendency for some people on the internet to think that not believing in a deity makes them a high intellect, often ranking themselves superior to anyone who has any religious beliefs.

Personally, I think you have to be careful about lumping anyone who posts on the internet and happens to be atheist with that sort of mindset.

SUCCESSOR
10-15-2013, 08:11 PM
Atheism is not subject to just one philosophy, or one reason for it. In China, for instance, atheism is common, but they still tend to believe in things like spirits and supernatural phenomena. "Internet Atheism" is probably referring to the tendency for some people on the internet to think that not believing in a deity makes them a high intellect, often ranking themselves superior to anyone who has any religious beliefs.

Personally, I think you have to be careful about lumping anyone who posts on the internet and happens to be atheist with that sort of mindset.

Actually atheism has one specific meaning. It is not a collection of philosophies. It doesn't mean you do not believe in the supernatural. Also what you think of as "Internet Atheist" is probably the most offensive thing in this post.

Beldaran
10-15-2013, 08:40 PM
- ASWGL / asswiggle (what did this stand for)

Ask Someone Who Gets Laid

carrotred (did she die?)

Yes, in a car accident. I was pretty sad.

- me being the town bicycle

I was secretly into you, even though you creeped me out. I never said anything. I was such a crazy moron back then in general, I'm not even sure you should take that as a compliment. :)

I read some of my old AGN posts and had a 12 hour existential crisis about what a dork I am.

Anarchy_Balsac
10-15-2013, 11:04 PM
Actually atheism has one specific meaning. It is not a collection of philosophies. It doesn't mean you do not believe in the supernatural. Also what you think of as "Internet Atheist" is probably the most offensive thing in this post.

I agree, it does have one meaning. That, in a way was the point. However, there is a perception that atheists all approach their atheism in one way, and that they all subscribe to one mindset. As for internet atheism, I am well aware that quite a few on the internet are not like that, but a lot of people think that it's how all atheists who post on the internet are. So believe me, I meant absolutely no offense. I was kind of trying to downplay the perception, in fact.

Majora
10-16-2013, 12:15 AM
Atheism is just that: atheism. There's nothing extra tacked onto it. Atheism is simply "lacking a belief in god(s)".

HOWEVER, it has entered the vernacular to hold a different meaning with all sorts of baggage attached by association. The kinds of people who use "atheist" disparagingly probably don't often pick up or care for a dictionary.

The kinds of atheists I've seen are the militant (both hostile and not-hostile) types (you know, the kinds that PERSECUTE all those poor christians with WORDS and in some cases BOOKS or SEMINARS. War Crime courts will be on their asses about it I'm sure), and those who lack fortitude ("hey man just respect everyone's beliefs"). Others who aren't theist are some variant of spiritual or entirely agnostic. (i.e. useless hippies)

Some people go too far with the whole "i'm better than you" complex (as people are prone to do regardless of the situation/context) but I'm inclined to wonder if someone is taking the "political correctness" BS a little too far to not see an issue with people who blindly follow an arbitrary set of mythology and stop at nothing, psychologically, to force facts to conform to the mythology in question, and at all costs shut down any communication should they be encouraged to ask questions.

This tells me that ideas have more rights than people and that "offending" someone or challenging their beliefs is, for some ludicrous reason, an event that merits punishment/censorship. If people can't stand their beliefs being challenged, then maybe they should find beliefs that inspire way more confidence in them.

And there's my quota for "internet atheism".

Chris Miller
10-16-2013, 02:35 AM
I remember that Ask a Dominatrix forum very well. Some of the stuff was pretty funny back then. I remember one particular thread about an...ear. That's all I'll say, lol.

As for Jigglysaint, haven't seen him around here or PureZC. He is still around the romhacking community somewhat. You might catch him on romhacking.net or similar if you're lucky.

zcn, Daarkseid, kenage, TSA...I've seen neither hide nor hair of them anywhere. They seem to have dropped off the internet entirely.

Also, what avatar was that? I forgot. :3

SUCCESSOR
10-16-2013, 02:52 AM
Also, what avatar was that? I forgot. :3
Lilith ->This one?

ctrl-alt-delete
10-16-2013, 03:05 AM
- IRC trivia, duh - Check out Triforce Quest. It has its own forum. Also, IRC still happens. Look for the server information at the top of the News and Announcements forum.
- general bitching - The Veldt now, mostly unused, kind of pointless.
- ask a dominatrix - Weird sex stuff.
- fatcatfan, carrotred (did she die?), other weird christians who sometimes posted weird sex stuff - Fcf is mia, carrotred passed away, I was a Christian but now I'm not so sure.
- jigglysaint, wtf? - Apparently still hangs out in the rom hacking scene, weird mormon who had a sexual attraction to a handicapped girl half his age.
- general bitching - Quit drinking, you're drunk.
- me being the town bicycle - Never got a ride, it's not too late.
- everyone's Internet Atheism - Why did people get offended by this? I know exactly what you mean.
- zcn - Died quickly. Glenn and a few others tried to make it the home of ZC, WL said no.
- daarkseid (dead?) - Last seen February 2012, one of the few remaining oldbies that still hasn't checked in. I'll email him.
- kenage - Remember the name, don't remember the stories. Google turns up a couple stupid things.
- ASWGL / asswiggle (what did this stand for) - Ask someone who gets laid, ask a dominatrix successor.
- TSA's retarded fake profile drama - Posts were pruined when he almost reached 10,000, went on a posting spree to get them back up there, for 10,000 posted that he was really three people doing some kind of internet experiment for the lulz. loljk, left to run communities zelda headquarters, the hylia, and now gemakei(which was originally zentendo.)
- alexmax - Albino, dropped in to offer to attempt to port ZC, disappeared with the source code.
- breaker - Still hangs out in the AGN Facebook group.
- why the heck did I even have that avatar? - What avatar?

MasterSwordUltima
10-16-2013, 07:32 AM
Only thing I remember about TSA was how he wanted some award or something years back for having the best themed profile? TheSilentAssassin, with a Solid Snake avatar. I mean, it was 10+ years ago, so it was probably really bitchin' back then...

Am I the only one here who remembers Cyclone? What happened to Shadowblazer? And J.J.Maxx and Foxy? (Foxxy?) Besides having a kid and all. Is Warlock still around, since I always confused him with War Lord. Where the fuck is Darth Chronic? Kioshi? Me2? Who had the 3D Homer Simpson avatar with the "twisty little passages, all alike" quote in their signature? Wtf guys? I'm freaking out right now.

And KJAZZ, 167 listeners can't be wrong. LOL We need to get Masamune posting on here instead of facebook as much also.

Tim
10-16-2013, 11:39 AM
I always comment on Masa's posts on Facebook. I'm not sure his friends think I'm a troll or just a dick.

Mercy
10-16-2013, 02:38 PM
"Internet Atheism" is probably referring to the tendency for some people on the internet to think that not believing in a deity makes them a high intellect, often ranking themselves superior to anyone who has any religious beliefs.
Thanks for the clarification! Luckily it is my vast reservoir of knowledge and fabulous reasoning skills rather than my belief in deities that makes me a high intellect. In the interest of maintaining the warm & fuzzy promenade down memory lane, I shall reiterate SUCCESSOR's fine observation:

Also what you think of as "Internet Atheist" is probably the most offensive thing in this post.

So to fill in a few blanks: Kenage was finally expelled to sockpuppet hell. JJ and Foxxy got divorced. Daarkie was not doing well last winter with no news (to my knowledge) since the beginning of the year... if anyone can touch base with him, it would be appreciated. I keep Breaker close to satisfy my baser needs and desires.

Zim
10-16-2013, 03:06 PM
Atheism is just that: atheism. There's nothing extra tacked onto it. Atheism is simply "lacking a belief in god(s)".

Again, and I already mentioned this before, I had a dictionary in my house that was 3 times older than me, and it defined anything that exists as being alive. If anything that exists and/or is is alive, then in conjunction with that idea someone could say that by definition that anything that exists is "life" by definition.

The Bible states at some point that "God is life."

Therefor people who say they believe in atheism are basically saying that they don't believe in words having definitions, which would be a derivative of many possible factors, which might include, but are not limited to:
A) Lack of education or comprehension.
B) Wanton rebellion against the facts they were presented, nominally, and are saying so.
C) The actual desire to somehow verbalize that what they prefer would be that there is no God, which might include:
i)They are suicidal and unappreciative of their own life and circumstance.
ii)They are sociopaths, and do not actually care for other's well being and/or existence either.
iii)They actually can't even understand that they exist in the first place, being blind, deaf, yet not dumb about their own being.

So to me, personally, I would knock that down another notch altogether and say that atheism is just that, atheism: A word that by definition is self-defeatist, and actually carries no meaning whatsoever.

Majora
10-16-2013, 03:48 PM
The bible also states that bats are birds so I would think twice before taking anything it says seriously. See? you could've saved yourself some time by just thinking a little. The dictionary's age has nothing to do with anything other than being outdated on the basis that language changes over time.

Mercy
10-16-2013, 04:06 PM
Words are a construct of human imagination and not innate to existence. Without Galileo, the planets would still orbit around the sun and without Diagoras, there would still be atheists. Without some archaic dictionary, The Bible would still be a rather contradictory collection of folk stories and old wives' tales made up by humans.

Now, dear Zim, if you wish to see how well your argument would stand up to serious scrutiny, go ahead and start a thread in The Veldt and I shall join you. I suggest something along the lines of defining "existence" as that will be the first obstacle your poorly composed assertions will have to face. Difficulty: The Bible is not a reputable citation.

Meet the new AGN, same as the old AGN.

Zim
10-16-2013, 04:38 PM
Words are a construct of human imagination and not innate to existence. Without Galileo, the planets would still orbit around the sun and without Diagoras, there would still be atheists. Without some archaic dictionary, The Bible would still be a rather contradictory collection of folk stories and old wives' tales made up by humans.

Now, dear Zim, if you wish to see how well your argument would stand up to serious scrutiny, go ahead and start a thread in The Veldt and I shall join you. I suggest something along the lines of defining "existence" as that will be the first obstacle your poorly composed assertions will have to face. Difficulty: The Bible is not a reputable citation.

Meet the new AGN, same as the old AGN.

Okay, okay.

Albeit that I understand that definitions may change over time, etc. et. al. I am and was only informing you guys and gals that the dictionary did define those terms as what I stated that it did, and therefor what I said isn't an argument, it's merely a colloquial set of terminology.

Liliith
10-16-2013, 05:32 PM
---

Chris Miller
10-16-2013, 06:16 PM
- holy crap, I forgot about the girl thing. That was AMAZING.

He also once said that he had a weird attraction to individually-wrapped cheese slices. I am not making that up.

- kenage was this girl named Rachel who lived in rural California in a mansion with her dad and worked for him as a paralegal. she was obsessed with horses and weird hentai, she talked about masturbating a lot, then started another forums (?) named hotarubi, which had lots of anime stuff. she was super weird and apparently never left the horse ranch. she pissed off AGN and got banned, but I always wonder where she took her weird.

The question answered itself when you mentioned horses.

I remember Cyclone being a giant pussy and making a big deal about never showing his pic.

Saw it once. He doesn't have any ginormous tumor on his forehead or anything....guess he was a bit paranoid.

Liliith
10-16-2013, 06:50 PM
---

Chris Miller
10-16-2013, 07:11 PM
Didn't know about any lightbulbs. :D

MasterSwordUltima
10-16-2013, 07:20 PM
I mean, again, that was back some 10 years ago, when it was TOTALLY PLAUSIBLE that by giving out any tiny detail of your real life self would result in your computer being taken over by cyber hackers who would watch you on your webcam and print out weird messages on your printer.

ctrl-alt-delete
10-16-2013, 07:34 PM
WARNING--DO NOT CLICK THE FOLLOWING LINKS IF SEEING A SINGLE NIPPLE ON A BOOB WILL OFFEND YOU. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Kenage became waychel became reicheru...apparently, she had some legal dispute with gaf which led them to change their name to neogaf. Haven't found many details.

http://www anonib com/t/res/307.html (Link disabled; contains adult ads; access at own discretion)

http://opa-ages.com/forums/topic/63452-waychel/

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23386&page=78

http://neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=74158115

http://www.aznlover.com/community/showthread.php/8414-What-happened-to-Waychel

More to come.

Chris Miller
10-16-2013, 07:51 PM
Those pics made me laugh soooo hard. XD

Anarchy_Balsac
10-16-2013, 08:46 PM
stuff

One wonders if anyone read the part where I also said this:

Pointing out that there are indeed people who have these prejudices should not itself be considered offensive. And in case I haven't been clear, that is not how I view things.

Liliith
10-16-2013, 10:45 PM
---

ctrl-alt-delete
10-16-2013, 10:59 PM
SUCCESSOR, get adblock, noob.

SUCCESSOR
10-16-2013, 11:22 PM
SUCCESSOR, get adblock, noob.

Yes, because all the random 14 year olds who might click a link here will have adblock, noob.

SUCCESSOR
10-16-2013, 11:26 PM
Was Kenage the one scaring noobs on IRC by showing them the contents of their harddrive? And the one pulling passwords out of quest headers? Also one of the members snagging unreleased betas from private URLs?

ctrl-alt-delete
10-16-2013, 11:31 PM
My warning was good enough.

A. Dunno. Probably one of those stupid links that goes back to your computer. Dumb.
B. Possibly. Lots of people did that.
C. Yes. She handed out the poison beta that AT LEAST got Metastaiford to my knowledge. He still hangs out on GU, but it's been down a couple of days.

SUCCESSOR
10-16-2013, 11:54 PM
My warning was good enough.

A. Dunno. Probably one of those stupid links that goes back to your computer. Dumb.
B. Possibly. Lots of people did that.
C. Yes. She handed out the poison beta that AT LEAST got Metastaiford to my knowledge. He still hangs out on GU, but it's been down a couple of days.

No, your warning was about a nipple not a woman finger-banging herself.

A. I'm sure. She tried to scare me like that and I just laughed.
B. Yeah, I know. I think she offered to unlock quests for me in IRC once. I, like now, could have cared less about getting into others quests.
C. Wasn't that just a program that made Windows not boot? I remember someone saying all you had to do was boot into safe mode and remove it.

Saffith
10-17-2013, 01:03 PM
It renamed C:\Windows, as I recall. That would stop Windows from booting at all, but it's simple to fix with any sort of boot disk.

Chris Miller
10-17-2013, 02:18 PM
I thought it just renamed the fonts directory.

Mercy
10-17-2013, 03:35 PM
One wonders if anyone read the part where I also said this:

*STUFF*
I did, and agreed, and chose to challenge Zim's notion that an old dictionary and an older collection of fairy tale were the final arbiters of the meaning of life.

Were you just quoting me to get my attention?

SUCCESSOR
10-17-2013, 03:45 PM
It renamed C:\Windows, as I recall. That would stop Windows from booting at all, but it's simple to fix with any sort of boot disk.

That was probably it. Been a long time.

Stuff

ctrl-alt-delete
10-17-2013, 03:56 PM
I thought it just renamed the fonts directory.

This is correct.

Anarchy_Balsac
10-17-2013, 07:08 PM
I did, and agreed, and chose to challenge Zim's notion that an old dictionary and an older collection of fairy tale were the final arbiters of the meaning of life.

Were you just quoting me to get my attention?

Ah, my apologies then

Zim
10-17-2013, 08:30 PM
Do you use the term "meaning" in the sense of the overall average, as in mean, median, and mode?

If so then, in English alphanumeriology, the meaning of life is the letter H.

Majora
10-17-2013, 10:04 PM
Do you using the term "meaning" in the sense of the overall average, as in mean, median, and mode?

If so then, in English alphanumeriology, the meaning of life is the letter H.

Why hello there, Deepak Chopra!

Phazite
10-18-2013, 01:24 AM
Why hello there, Deepak Chopra!

Well you know, Majora, "Imagination is inside irrational destiny."

Beldaran
10-18-2013, 09:39 PM
appalling.

:cold:

why did I creep you out?

You were dark and complicated. If faceless internet girls were movies, you would have been directed by Tim Burton.

Zim
10-18-2013, 09:57 PM
I'd have to agree that those comments about Glenn were pretty cynical and abstract.
It takes two to tango dear, comments like "He was an LDR" ( I don't even know what that is, [maybe you could clarify]<- you defining someone else you admittedly didn't even spend a lot of time with doesn't even make sense to me. [but please, by all means clarify]) and you like to hump apparently, which is TMI for my tastes.
I was in a similar situation once upon a time, getting accused of things that weren't true, and having other people actually tell each other things that weren't true, behind my back, to my face, whatever, the point is, they weren't right, and they don't really know me that well.

I come from a land where people would say things like, "A Gentleman doesn't kiss and tell."
To me, that would mean EVEN MORE SO for things like actually having sex, don't divulge details to other people.
Next thing I know though, I'm being accused of all kinds of things, like being gay and stuff, and the only way to PROVE that's not true to the other people is by breaking my own code of ethics that I learned from the parental units around me when I was younger.... which isn't something I'd actually ever feel obligated to do for any reason.
...Now that that statement paves the way for a completely nonsensical method of manners of thinking and trains of thought, I am going to say that I am only very slightly curious about what you meant about Glenn and yourself, although I really am not interested whatsoever and I thought that was sort of rude.
The last sentence before this one translated would be, "No really, wtf is an LDR?"

ctrl-alt-delete
10-18-2013, 10:23 PM
ldr?

Giyf.

erm2003
10-18-2013, 10:24 PM
@Zim (http://armageddongames.net/member.php?u=59846) LDR?

ctrl-alt-delete
10-18-2013, 10:35 PM
@Zim (http://armageddongames.net/member.php?u=59846) LDR?

wtf

erm2003
10-18-2013, 10:37 PM
@ctrl-alt-delte mb :-P

ctrl-alt-delete
10-18-2013, 10:39 PM
@ctrl-alt-delte mb :-p

iaya

erm2003
10-18-2013, 10:39 PM

SMH! Too tired.

King Aquamentus
10-18-2013, 10:43 PM

@ctrl-alt-deltaco: iapfwth

ctrl-alt-delete
10-18-2013, 10:45 PM
@ctrl-alt-deltaco: iapfwth

gya

erm2003
10-18-2013, 10:49 PM
Idkwgo

CJC
10-18-2013, 10:55 PM
OsmwIgulIsgdbtlwImsadaadaIhtwjwtwsitct!

E: wIutwll

Zim
10-19-2013, 06:32 PM
This thread has official gone to the exact opposite of what is "old stuff" and went only to the 'etc.' part.

Zim
10-19-2013, 06:33 PM
Giyf.

Is that another acronym I am unaware of?

ctrl-alt-delete
10-19-2013, 09:33 PM
Is there some sort of magical way you could look them up?

Chris Miller
10-20-2013, 01:34 PM
Can I have some of the special beverage? :love_heart:

Mercy
10-20-2013, 03:00 PM
LDR= Long Distance Relationship

ShadowTiger
10-22-2013, 01:23 PM
When you're Locked in the Drum Room of a school as often as I've been, acronyms no longer harbor the same unchanging nature.

... whether that's true or not, I'll never tell. I just have a fondness for the plasticity of language.

Zim
10-22-2013, 03:31 PM
Thanks for the clarification.

Nonsensical
11-05-2013, 10:15 PM
question: did Liliith formerly go by Queen Xsomethingorother aka Queenie? Or is she someone else?

just got weirdly nostalgic and wanted to see if AGN still existed. I guess it does!

EDIT: posted this reply, and now I see my 14-year-old self as my profile picture. god this is horrifying.

SUCCESSOR
11-05-2013, 10:32 PM
question: did Liliith formerly go by Queen Xsomethingorother aka Queenie? Or is she someone else?

just got weirdly nostalgic and wanted to see if AGN still existed. I guess it does!

EDIT: posted this reply, and now I see my 14-year-old self as my profile picture. god this is horrifying.

QueenXaviera I believe that is how it was spelled.

Welcome back. I was wondering if you were ever going to pop in. Didn't you know someone else who was also a member of AGN? Possibly a relative?

Nonsensical
11-05-2013, 10:42 PM
yes, plith is my older brother. he was a lot more involved with ZC than I was. And my little brother joined for a while as ultralemming.

thanks for the welcome! SUCCESSOR, I remember when your avatar was Jesse from Team Rocket (it was, right? or a similar looking character?) lord a mercy, that was a long time ago

SUCCESSOR
11-05-2013, 10:50 PM
thanks for the welcome! SUCCESSOR, I remember when your avatar was Jesse from Team Rocket (it was, right? or a similar looking character?) lord a mercy, that was a long time ago

Never had anything like Jessie. Are you thinking of James? He looks somewhat like Ken from digimon season 2 which I had as my avatar for some time.

erm2003
11-05-2013, 10:52 PM
Welcome back Nonsensical and please do stick around!

SUCCESSOR
11-05-2013, 11:03 PM

Nonsensical
11-07-2013, 12:22 AM
Yes! that's the one!

Phazite
11-07-2013, 01:45 AM
yes, plith is my older brother. he was a lot more involved with ZC than I was. And my little brother joined for a while as ultralemming.

Ah, I remember plith. I believe he never finished his ambitious ZC project that I was looking forward to and then went off to become an engineer or something.

SUCCESSOR
11-07-2013, 03:52 PM
Yes! that's the one!

Yeah. I changed my avatar to that when the show aired and never got around to changing it. I left for sometime and it was deleted and when I return people kept asking where my avatar went and with the help of I-forget-who it was brought back with a white circle background. Its amazing how an avatar can become so associated with you.

ShadowTiger
11-08-2013, 04:05 PM
I actually remember that avatar. That's kind of scary, actually. It rings bells of varying degrees.

I consider it some sort of blessing to remember all the old names and faces as they come up. How awesome is AGN like that?

Nonsensical
11-19-2013, 12:44 AM
Ah, I remember plith. I believe he never finished his ambitious ZC project that I was looking forward to and then went off to become an engineer or something.

Yup, he just finished his Ph.D in chemical engineering and is working at a university lab now. But I'll tell him there are still people waiting for his ZC project :)

Dechipher
12-08-2013, 03:32 AM
OH MY GOD.

I forgot about Breaker.

AGN will eventually be shut down, because that's life. Forums and all that.
But damn. What a good run it has been, and continues to be, and will be for at least another year or two. I've known some of you waaaay longer than I should have!
And the fact that some of us keep signing in, be it every day, month, or for the first time in 4 years, means a little bit. It means don't give up on it. We've all put so much into this - I joined when I was 13, it's 12 years later now (13 in a month). 13 years, and for some reason this place is still relevant. I don't know why it is. But I'm okay with that.
I may be inebriated. Full disclosure and all that.

travis.ross88
12-15-2013, 05:33 AM
Yeah, it's possible AGN might start hosting other projects again, and, Glenn is now a moderator or two forums

MasterSwordUltima
12-17-2013, 10:36 AM
Didn't plith go as rahalm for a while late in the game?

Shadowblazer
12-26-2013, 06:30 PM
What happened to Shadowblazer?
He realized that he was spending large amounts of time, energy and money on AGN only to have a select group of people do their best to fuck things up at every opportunity and then laugh about how he was stupid for taking their efforts to shit on all of his work so seriously. Since that seems to be the very nature of the game when it comes to running anything on the internet, he figured the only winning move was not to play.

Now he just shows up occasionally to necro old threads... and apparently talk about himself in the third person.

CJC
12-26-2013, 08:38 PM
Whoops, accidentally locked the thread.

Although... it's been a few months and maybe it's time to lay the conversation to rest.

Dechipher
12-26-2013, 08:47 PM
:( But SB just showed up.... (maybe he can show up in a different thread so we can let this one rest)

Liliith
12-31-2013, 04:32 AM
---