PDA

View Full Version : Xbox One or PS4?

Master Ghaleon
10-07-2013, 08:42 PM
Which next-gen system will you get when they come out in November?

Gleeok
10-07-2013, 09:18 PM
PS4. Although I likely won't get one until the price drops so the most likely console I will buy is the OUYA.

Anarchy_Balsac
10-07-2013, 10:36 PM
What? No Wii U?

mrz84
10-08-2013, 12:03 AM
I'm with Anarchy, there's no Wii U option. Even then, I'm getting a PS4, but not at launch. I'm waiting for a bit first.

Aliem
10-08-2013, 02:45 AM
I'm going to pick up a PS4 probably next year, or whenever there's enough software I'm interested in to justify buying the console.

Though, really, this generation the question "XBox or Playstation" is like asking "Coke or Pepsi".

also I guess in that scenerio, the Wii U is like RC Cola or something. Shasta, maybe. Still the same thing, but cheaper and with a little less flare.

Anarchy_Balsac
10-08-2013, 06:28 PM
Funny you should mention it, I always liked RC Cola better than either.

Gleeok
10-09-2013, 01:32 AM
Oh man, you guys just had to open up a can of bad tasting analogies.. What would the 3DO be then, a Dr. Topper, Stars and Stripes, or Diet Fanta? :P

Speaking of not supporting major brand-name juggernauts: The OUYA would be like the sodastream. You just side-load in as many MAME, PS1, SNES, etc.. games you want and enjoy the flavors of the past decades at on base cost.

I'm still skeptical on the XBone though.

Aliem
10-09-2013, 02:04 AM
Oh man, you guys just had to open up a can of bad tasting analogies.. What would the 3DO be then, a Dr. Topper, Stars and Stripes, or Diet Fanta? :P

Speaking of not supporting major brand-name juggernauts: The OUYA would be like the sodastream. You just side-load in as many MAME, PS1, SNES, etc.. games you want and enjoy the flavors of the past decades at on base cost.

I'm still skeptical on the XBone though.The 3DO would be New Coke: marketed as the future, but ultimately vomit-inducing :P

I guess then the 32X and Sega CD together would be Crystal Pepsi =p

Honestly, I was skeptical about the XBox as well, but since they've reversed many of the bone-headed choices, I think it'll be have adequate support. As far as raw power goes, I think it's pretty well established that the PS4 has beefier specs. What I'm interested in seeing is how it will actually affect cross-platform games; from what I've seen, most cross-platform titles look pretty identical. Where I'm lost is on the "be-all-end-all one-stop living room device" angle they're trying to play.

SUCCESSOR
10-09-2013, 01:37 PM
Knocking on the Wii U already? It is actually becoming an attractive console which the Xbone and PS4 won't be for quite awhile now. They are too expensive and don't have enough software. Do either even offer backward compatibility? Nothing wrong with that but it puts a damper on selling your current gen for the new thang.

The 3DO would be New Coke: marketed as the future, but ultimately vomit-inducing :P

I guess then the 32X and Sega CD together would be Crystal Pepsi =p

Honestly, I was skeptical about the XBox as well, but since they've reversed many of the bone-headed choices, I think it'll be have adequate support. As far as raw power goes, I think it's pretty well established that the PS4 has beefier specs. What I'm interested in seeing is how it will actually affect cross-platform games; from what I've seen, most cross-platform titles look pretty identical. Where I'm lost is on the "be-all-end-all one-stop living room device" angle they're trying to play.

The 3DO, unlike the sega CD and 32x, was a great system that was crippled by a high price and a saturated market.

You won't see any noticible difference between the consoles for atleast a couple years. 3rd party devs won't push the specs for launch titles. I am not familiar with the specs of either but wasn't the ps3 beefier than the 360? Didn't seem to be a difference between the 2 besides those caused by compression from bluray to DVD. Then again I don't own a ps3 so I may be full of shit.